Chapter 17

Honey, it's alright by Gregory Alan Isakov

After an hour of sitting in silence in the new room they had been transferred to designated for surgery patient's family, Mina decided it was about time the girl ate something. The roads were horrible, and the window showed the heavy snow falling. It indeed was a blizzard and it would be far too dangerous to drive far. The chances of them spending the night there became more and more likely.

"You should eat something" Mina said.

The girl who rested against her sat up and turned to look at the older one. Chaeyoung noticed her bangs and how they nearly covered her eyes. The way she still seemed to be nervous and shy despite all the time they spent together. Mina always spoke and carried herself in a delicate manner. It was charming.

"You should also eat something"

Mina reached her hand onto the girl's face wiping away a fallen eyelash. "I will. We should find the cafeteria"

They exchanged warm smiles. "Okay"

"Where are you going?" Jay questioned.

"To the cafeteria" Mina responded. "Want anything?"

"Coffee?"

"How about you two?" She looked at Mark and Jimin.

The upperclassmen nodded. "Coffee for us too. Thank you"

Mina lead Chaeyoung out. It was late now some hallways were dark until stepped into. The oldest was a bit afraid and began to cling onto Chaeyoung's arm. It seemed like an empty hospital, filled with dark and endless hallways. Lucky for Chaeyoung, she was used to this and didn't fear any of it. In fact, she found it endearing how Mina had a hold on her.

"Shizzles!" Mina exclaimed after seeing a doctor cross the hallway they were heading to.

The girl laughed, "Shizzles?"

"Shut up" Mina lightly slapped her arm.

Chaeyoung smiled to herself feeling a warm feeling over taking her. She watched as Mina ordered for the coffee having to repeat herself a few times because her voice was too small. But the girl also noticed how she fiddled and tapped her fingers as she spoke. The oldest was nervous to order coffee. She seemed small and afraid. The girl wondered how that was the same person who approached her even when Chaeyoung seemed uninterested.

And now she regretted ever being uninterested. Who would've known she'd fallen in love so deep so quickly with a stranger whom she hated for saving her life? A stranger whom she used to hate. The same stranger who had watched her breakdown more than once and still wanted to be with her.

"Are you going to school tomorrow?" Mina questioned.

The girl hummed. "I don't think so. Will you?"

"Yeah, kind of have to."

"Will you go to my game Thursday?"

Mina smiled and nodded deciding there was nothing wrong with what she was going to say next. "Im your girlfriend after all. Will be there"

It made the girl blush, she liked that term only when it came from Mina. She was now in a relationship with the taller girl yet she hadn't processed it just yet. With all the worries and thoughts in her mind, she could barely think about anything other than seeking Mina's comfort.

"Woah! Thanks for the coffee. This tastes great" Mark said to Mina, "We've met before but I'm Mark, Chae's buddy."

"This is Mina" Chaeyoung smiled, "My girlfriend"