Chapter 28

Chaeyoung had woken up on a chilly February morning and jumped out of bed. Today was a very special day for her, for the very first time in her life, she was happy it was Valentine's Day. Of course, she had gotten gifts for her amazing girlfriend. Not only did she go to the store with Jimin who had offered to take her and help with the surprise, but she had written her a letter and made a poster asking her out to the dance that weekend.

The gifts consisted of a cute teddy bear, a few of Mina's favorite snacks, a video game she had been gushing over and a single pink rose. She actually felt pretty proud of herself looking at what she had gotten her girlfriend. Chaeyoung had always been many things but a romantic? That was new for her. Not only was it Valentine's Day, but they were also celebrating four months of being together. Chaeyoung's best months of her life.

Mina had woken up extra early that day in order to shower and prepare a pretty pink outfit. The previous night, she had stayed up writing a love letter to Chaeyoung. Though it wasn't her thing, she knew it would be appreciated. Mina had also gone out of her way and purchased AirPods for the girl who always has her wired headphones on. On top of that, she had gotten little things like a stuffed animal and another beanie knowing that Chaeyoung would wear it just as often as all her other ones.

In the back of her car, Mina carried a poster and flowers in order to ask her girlfriend to the dance. It had been announced within a short notice since students had gotten upset over not having their winter formal. And so, the Valentine's Day dance had been put together. Little did the two girls know, they were about to ask each other out.

"Mina!" Chaeyoung exclaimed the second she saw her girlfriend get out her car with a poster.

"Chaeyoung!" Mina returned the expression seeing her girlfriend carrying the poster she had made as well.

"So will you go to the dance with me?" The oldest wore a huge smile on her face.

"Only if you agree to my proposal"

"Yes"

The two girls exchanged gifts in Chaeyoung's room deciding they wouldn't mind ditching first period. Once it was time to read the letters, they both hid themselves behind the sheets of paper. Immediately after reading the first sentence, Chaeyoung had the biggest smile painted on her face.

To my love,

This is the first Valentine's Day I get to spend with somebody else and I couldn't be more lucky it's with you. You've taught me so many things about myself I didn't even know about me before. Thank you for being patient and putting effort into us. I hope this serves as a reminder that you're the only one I think about like all the time. It kills me being apart for longer than a day. And I know I've said this like a million times but I need you Chaeyoung. The sun doesn't rise until I see you or until you text me good morning. You're my moon. My galaxy, my universe. Chaeyoung, you're my everything. You're the one I fall for everyday, the one I would swim all the oceans for. This is so basic and cheesy but I really do feel like I'm drowning at the thought of losing you. I love you so much, Chaeyoung. I love you isnt big enough to explain how much I adore you.

Thank you for creating the safest place in your arms. I've never felt so at home. You're my comfort.

Love, Mina aka The love of your life :)

Chaeyoung felt tears building up in her eyes after reading the letter. It wasn't basic and it wasnt cheesy. Mina had written the most beautiful piece of writing the girl would ever come across. After Mina was done reading she too had teary eyes. The two girls launched into each other's arms.