25

A/N: Hate me or love me, at the end of the day it's me with the paper and pen.

Before I start this chapter, I wanted to say you will get some (not all) answers to your questions. I have like two more chapters dedicated to answering deeper questions, and they should be here in less than 5 chapters. So this counts as an extra chapter to that. I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for your comments!! I look forward to hearing from you all :) 

- Andra

Chapter 25: Finding Solutions in the Haystack 

It has been nearly two weeks since you have slept with Eren, and things were slowly (well, quickly) beginning to progress. Eren was still picking you up and driving you to school since his classes were perfectly complementary to your own, it was no problem seeing him.

Your baseball team was also progressing. Nanaba had asked you to fill out an application and in under 3 days, you would receive your uniform.

She promised to send you the details.

So now, 2 weeks in, you decided to pay Annie and her boyfriend a visit.

"Hey, I don't mean to be rude but why does Eren bring up Jean all the time?"

Armin sighs. "It's a long story. I told you we have been friends since high school, but I forgot to mention Mikasa."

"Mikasa? What does Mikasa have to do with Eren?"

"A lot, actually. More than you'd think. Eren and Mikasa used to date in highschool. He was popular, he played football in high school, so he didn't really struggle fitting in with the jocks. And Jean... well, he was Jean."

"What do you mean by that?"

"He did a year of speech and debate, a few political science clubs, and something with business I can't remember. So Eren and Jean in a sense, were opposites. One day, Eren and Mikasa broke up. I don't know why, but they did, and a few weeks later, I knew Mikasa was dating Jean."

"Were you all in the same friend group?"

"Sort of," Armin explains, "I was always close with Mikasa and Eren. I've known them the longest. Then Sasha, Connie, Marco and Jean became our friends. We would hang out sometimes, but not always. When Mikasa and Jean dated, Eren was not happy during Senior year. Our friend group slowly shifted, but before graduation, Mikasa broke up with Jean. During the summer, Eren and Mikasa dated briefly before college." he paused, "So now, Eren and Jean have this bad blood between them."

"Because they dated the same girl."

"Exactly."

"Do you think..." you rub your arm, "That that's happening again? I, I don't want to be another Mikasa for Eren-"

"You're..." Annie cuts you off, "dating Eren?"

"What about Jean?" Armin leans forward. "I thought you were with him."

"Well, we're not. Not after what happened at the party."

"There's always a party." Annie sighs before shaking her head. "What happened now?"

"I went to a party and Gojo told me not to go to the basement, but I did. I listened to him and I saw Jean kissing another girl."

"Do you know who?" Armin asks.

"I'd rather not. It would make things messier than they already are."

"Fair enough," Armin leans back, "but that's really unlike Jean, is that all you saw?"