chapter 26

rimuru arrived at the village to the surprise of rigurd

"when did you return?! rimuru-sama"

"just now using [SHADOWSTEP]"

"what about the others?"

"they're safe. what about william is he here?"

"ah william-sama, he told me to not let in others in his room except rimuru-sama."

"okay i'll be going in the tent"

after a bit of talking with rigurd rimuru entered william's tent and william is there with a big blanket sipping tea with cookies beside him

"rimuru..."

"hey william.. can we talk?"

"yeah, it's okay. here sit" he placed a pillow beside him

rimuru sat beside him

"is this about the thing that happened in the marshlands?"

"umm, kinda are you okay to talk?"

"yeah, well i don't even know what happened back then..."

"is it about your memories?"

"i-i don't even know"

"well, we can talk later if your ready but for now, we have a conference to go to and we're the chairmans of it."

"...is it that important?"

"yes it's the alliance of the forest"

"welp okay then" he stood up and streched then head out

at the conference

at the right we have the head of the lizard tribe with some lizardmen at the left we have the orcs and above the lizardmen is treyni and rimuru and willim sat beside each other with soei and benimaru beside them because the influence of [STARVING ONES] was removed, the orcs regained their rationality but seems to recall their sins and held dreadful expressions

'seriously why do we have to act as chairman? how are we supposed to know how to clean up after a war?' rimuru looked at treyni as treyni smiled sweetly 'damnit stop smiling so sweetly'

'welp since it's come to this we have no choice we'll just voice our own opinions' william sighed "hmm this is our first time doing this kind of conference so we might not be the best chairman. so we'll just say the things at mind. then, i want all of us to consider it together. first i would like to say that the orcs didn't commit any crimes" 'mostly cuz i'm too lazy to accuse them of any' "i'm sure the lizardmen, who have suffered large losses, would want to object but please hear us out." 'rimuru your turn'

"we will talk about the reason for their military uprising and their current situation"

"i see... a great famine... and the existance of the demon named gelmudo..."

"that's it"

"but then, acts of aggression cannot be allowed after all as you now know, in a time of crisis, they have no way to pay for damages... well that's how it would normally be."

"normally? then, would you two tell us your real motive?"

"we will take on the orcs' sins if you have any complaints, then we will gladly hear them."

"there is a single unchanging rule that rules over all monsters, the survival of the fittest. the moment you decided to fight, you should have that resolution."

"h-he's a kijin just like soei-dono! the survival of the fittest indeed it is as you say then, let us ignore the lizardmen's pride"

"that's alright with you?"