Chapter 49: the punishment of the witch

GS:notice: the analysis of the two barriers covering the town has been completed. while it is possible to remove the great magic "anti-magic area" the complex barrier on the other hand, will be difficult do you wish to rmove the great magic?

Rimuru:'no, not yet.' rimuru summoned a glowing orb on his palm then slammed it on the ground the orb smashed and made a third barrier around hayate

GS:notice: an unknown wavelength reacting to the barrier was detected.

Rimuru:an unknown wavelength?

GS:speculated to be an eletrical signal. do you wish to decipher it?

Rimuru:'please.'

Rigurd:Rimuru-sama!" rigurd says as he ran up to rimuru with benimaru

Benimaru:Rimuru-sama, this barrier is...

Rimuru:don't worry, I have my reasons. rigurd, gather everyone.

Rigurd:yes...yes, sir!

Rimuru:the agenda for the meeting will be about how to deal with those humans responsible for the aftermath, and resurrecting those we've lost.

Rigurd:yes, sir. I will convene immediately!!" rigurd says as he ran off

Rimuru:he doesn't look surprised. and here I thought he'd treat me like a lunatic.

benimaru:well, we were actually expecting this.

Rimuru:expecting?

Benimaru:all of us believed that "if it's rimuru-sama or william-sama then anything is possible,"

Rimuru:I see... now then, we'll listen to her side of the story first, before deciding judgement.

Rimuru walked to myulan's cell with youm and the wolf guy idfk

Myulan:i am a subordinate of demon lord, clayman. of the "five fingers" I am myulan the ring finger.

Rimuru:carry on.

Myulan:my mission was to secretly investigate tempest. so that is why... i used youm as a way to infiltrate this town.

Rimuru:i see. then even as we speak, you're reporting to clayman.

Myulan:no, there is no longer any contact. I am a majin as long as we're within the anti-magic area, i'm no different than an average human

Rimuru:weren't you the one who casted the anti magic area in here? how were you planning on escaping?

myulan didn't respond

Rimuru:you were abandoned by clayman, huh.

Myulan:clayman, is also known as the marionette master, is infamous for his acts of manipulating his subordinates. as if they were dolls. for him subordinates are simply tools. once they break or are no longer useful, he would throw them away.

as they were talking william's clone residing in rimuru suddenly appeared

Clone:goddamn is this barrier annoyi-

the clone was suddenly hugged by a rimuru with tears in his eyes

Rimuru:Willaim!!! William!! William!"

Clone:uhm... uh, sorry to disappoint, but uh, I'm just his clone trapped in you from before he uhh disappeared but uh since I feed of his magic I don't have much long I also can't use any ability so I'm merely here to advise or something

Rimuru:oh...I see..." rimuru slowly let go of the clone and sat back down with the clone beside him before calming down breathed in deeply before sighing "so... why did you become his subordinate? there doesn't seem to be any benefit of following him.