Chapter 10

the three of them looked down at the meal that was being cooked before them kaval the leader is drooling hopefully it doesnt fall in the grill suddenly gido took a piece of meat and ate it

"hey! that's not fair gido that piece of meat was mine!!" eren the sorcerer yelled at gido

"the table is a battle feild my dear eren!"

"hmph! fine i'll take kaval's then" eren took a piece of kaval's meat

"aaaaargh!! the meaty morsel i painstakingly seared for myself"

william who had his elbo on the grill while chin rested on his chin chuckled at this sight

"you're a lively bunch arent ya?" rimuru said to himself

"umm, mister William."

"yeah?"

"your arms is on the grill"

"oh i'm sorry" he put it back

"the fact that you didn't burn suggests that you may have resistance to heat"

"well your right i do"

"resistance?"

"those who pass here from another world are granted the kind of power that they yearned for. sometimes they're skills, sometimes they're resistances."

"well i mean i do have the power to summon cookies and tea anytime i want" he says as he summons a chocolate cookie with tea as he then ate and drank what he summoned "umaaaiiii~~" he smiled as he ate and drink his cookies and tea "in my last life i destroyed the multiverse and destroyed reality but since i was too powerful to be destroyed i just got here"

'destroyed reality?! too powerful to be destroyed?!?!' rimuru and shizu said in their thoughts at the same time

"at first i uh...hmm... oh! i felt like my whole body was slowly disintegrating into dust then returning to then melting then sleeping

'?!' the two were shocked by his experience

as they were talking the three were fighting like children fighting for meat while william summons them tea as they drank

"well i was stabbed but i dont even know what to think about what happened to you."

'stabbed?!'

"shizu, right? don't you have a simila story on your own? i saw you using fire in that battle against the giant ants. was that a power you yearned for when you came here?"

"no it wasn't the flames are a curse to me."

"what do you mean?"

"the last thing i saw in the other world... was a wall of fire."

"i saw my hometown dyed in crimson flames.... amidst the frightening sounds of roaring and cracking"

"was it... the bombing?"

"i believe so. they call it the bombing of tokyo, don't they?" as they were having this somewhat serious talk william is just laying on a pillow beside them "my pupil also hails from japan and so i've come to understand that is what the incident is called in history classes"

"i see you were reincarnated when you came here..."

"oh no i didn't die. A man summoned me here although he apparently wanted to summon someone else not me. he looked quite crest fallen. so he immediately seemed to lose interest in me. but then, out of some sort of whim, he attached a fire spirit to me.it gave me the power to manipulate flame... but it was also a curse. because it was that very power... that took the people most precious to me. ever since, i've been afraid of getting too close to others but it is nice to have companions. i met some pleasant people here on my final journey. they trust one another, and thus bicker openly about anything they want. they're good adventurers. maybe not the most talented though"