Chapter 36:charydis and carrion's great cookies and tea recipe

William's pov.

Carrion king of the lucanthropes or some science shit name, styled himsle a demon lord about 400 years ago. he won the admiration of his people they watched him bravely go to war to protect them "that demon lord is our proud and joy!" every resident of eurazania sounds like a virus. shared this dedication so full of admiration and desire in fact... they would sell their souls to reach his level

somewhere...'

"dammit!" phobio said punching a tree making it fall

"please, phobio, you must calm down! you can't be blamed for losing taht fight. even lord carrion couldn't actually beat milim-"

"shut your foolish mouth!! lord carrion would never humiliate himself like that!! damn"

"i understand your frustrations, sir... but our mission is to recruit that slime,Human looking monster and his followers we must keep lord carrion's orders in mind."

"your right."

"oh, but i quite understand. it must be impossible to keep such a feeling under control."

"wh-who's there?!"

a clown suddenly appeared behind phobio

"how do you do. good citizens of euraniz! do forgive my belated introcution. i am a humble member of the moderate harlequin alliance." he said while spinning "i am known as footman, the angry clown. a pleasure to meet your aquiantance"

"never heard of you. what do you clowns want?"

"there's no need to be defensive.i'm tear the teardrop clown.see the moderate harlequin alliance is an odd jobs mercenary outfit. I think you'll find it's well worth your time to hear what we can offer you!"

"get lost I have no reason to sit around and listen to a bunch of fishy looking clowns."

"demon lord milim... needs to taste what's coming to her, doesn't she?"

"how did you...?"

"don't you want power?"

"because we can offer you a truly great one. naturally it also poses a great danger. but when you overcome it... you will become a demon lord"

phobio's subordinates was trying to warn him but phobiio didn't listen

At the capital

youm and his team were taking off on unicorns

"well, rimuru-sama, William-sama we're taking off now."

"you've tightened up your bearing quite well. it hasn't been long but it shows that you've taken your training very seriously." hakuro said beside me

just weeks ago, youm's group was merely a buncha thugs. fter giving them gear and sending them to hakuro... they look worthy of being called a champion's party anyone would believe he was the one who defeated the orc lord.

"rommel's already headed back to falmuth ahead of us. he was excited to report back about the battle against the orc lord, complete with fictional details.kinda embarrassing to juice up the story of a great battle that you never actually took part in though"

"don't sweat it. it's a home run."

"home what?"

"what, you're going already?"

"oh...uh... hi milim."

ever since the incident youm's been timid around her.

"do your best kiddo!" milim says as she pats youm's back