Epilouge

Epilogue

Epilogue

4 Years Later

Esme

I push the stroller up the last leg of the hill, and as I do Ayla and Yris continue singing their song. "Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb. Mary had a little lamb, and-" Ayla stops singing, but I don't mind it seeing as I'm so close to the finish line.

And just as I reach the top, my daughter and her two curly pigtails come into view. "Mommy, can I have my apples please?" Ayla asks as she hangs halfway out of her stroller, and I come to a complete stop at the top of the hill.

After taking in a few much needed deep breaths, I raise an eyebrow at my daughter. "Ayla, what have I told you about that?" I ask her as I step around the stroller, and crouch down to be eye level with her.

Genesis and Delilah both come to a stop on both sides beside me, the both of them take their time to regulate their breathing, and drink some water.

"Sorry. But, I'm hungry." She says sadly, and falls back in her seat. I roll my eyes at her dramatic antics, but still pass her the pre-cut apples from under her seat.

"This is my last warning Ayla. I'm not telling you this to be mean, but so you can stay safe. You don't want to fall out of your stroller do you?" I question, and she shakes her head no half- heartedly as she dips her apple slice into her peanut butter.

God give me strength and help me with this child. I pray her brother isn't like this.

    Standing back up to my full height, I notice Gen's shoulder shaking, as well as Dee's. I give both of them 'cut it out' looks, and they pull themselves together.

    "Sorry, but it will never not be funny seeing you be stern." Genesis says, and I start walking back in the direction of the house, leaving them behind.

It's safe to say the past four years have been a rollercoaster ride like no other.

Exactly one month after we got married, I found out I was pregnant. I decided then and there that I was going to continue my degree in Interior Design, and eight months later, Ayla Lovelyn Daniels made her grand entrance into the world. It was a hard two years. Balancing newfound motherhood with school wasn't ideal, but with the support of my husband, it eventually paid off.

    Three months after graduation, I started my own firm, Meadows Interior. Soon after, business picked up so much so, I had to hire well over thirty people to complete all of our projects. Silas surprised me when he suggested Daniels Enterprises acquired Meadows Interior. It was the best gift he could have ever bestowed upon me.

     Silas has gone completely legit with his businesses, and started Daniel Enterprises. No more danger or lives lost, and I have never been prouder of him.

Delilah moved to Italy, launched her couture line, fell in love and married Damon. Stefano's second, and best friend. She spends half her time in Italy, the other half in the states. She and Damon are expecting, and we're all hoping for a boy this time.