5 | There was traffic

Silas

Silas

The meeting with Maxim Markanov, the leader of the Russian Mafia, is today. I have no clue what the outcome will be, but I have a feeling it won't be a good one.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and when I take it out, I see it's a call from Milo.

"I'm pulling up to the meeting right now." He informs, and I lean back in my chair.

Milo left the warehouse earlier than me to go see Genesis since she came back yesterday. "He's not here- oh wait, yes he is." He admits, I let out a long sigh.

"Just stall him, I'll be there in ten." I instruct then hang up.

I admire people for being early, but I wasn't expecting him to be early. He's known for being disrespectful and late.

...

Shortly after talking with Milo, I started to make my way to one of my clubs downtown. Stepping out of my car, I button one of the buttons on my blazer, then close the door and head for the door. The bouncer immediately notices who I am, and nods his head at me.

"Sup boss?" He asks as we fist bump, "Too much."

Although it's daytime, the club still has a very dark atmosphere. Walking down the hallway that leads to the back room, Milo leans off the wall when he sees me, and we walk in together.

The first person my eyes find when I open the door is Maxim. He slouches in one of the chairs with glass in his hand, its contents most likely alcohol.

Looking behind him, I see three of his men standing, one of them I recognize as my informant that I placed in his mafia. It was a long process, but the results are worth it.

"Ah good to see you made it, I was starting to think this was a setup." Maxim says jokingly, but I know he's not playing around. And neither am I.

Maxim Markanov is a man, but not to me. When his father died and he took over, he started sex trafficking women. My father tried to steer him back to the path his father laid out for him, but it was no use.

"There was traffic." I reply shortly, and he clenches his jaw. There was no traffic and he knows it. I just wanted a nice calm drive to myself.

After staring at me for a while, probably planning ways to kill me in his head, he sits up straight. "You know I don't like people being disrespectful to me."

I tilt my head, faking my confusion, "There's no disrespect when there was traffic." I know I'm lying but he is really pushing my buttons. If I want to be late I'll be fucking late, especially to a meeting with him.

Before he could say anything Milo jumps in. "We're not here to discuss time and traffic, we're here to find out why you caused trouble at one of the clubs." He sits back and laughs, and Milo looks at me with a 'what the hell' look.