i

Third Person

The siblings looked at each other as they stepped on the stairs towards the main entrance of their house. Bongbong was pissed off, Imee was annoyed, and Irene... Well, Irene was being herself. The Attitude Queen.

She didn't get what she wanted and it angered her. And nothing and no one has the right to ruin her day. Well, except for her father.

"Daddy!" Imee's voice echoed through the entrance of their house. Two long, golden stairs was seen from the sides. Their eyes wandered over to where the clicking and clanking of things was heard.

Their feet were moving at a speed of light. They stopped moving as they found their parents eating their afternoon merienda on their veranda. Their father grinning, looking over to his children.

"Ah... Finally, my children." He announced. Bongbong's eyes furrowed and all. hell. broke. loose.

The three children ranted all at the same time.

"Dad! Alam mo ba na nakakahiya kanina kasi I was buying some groceries?"

"My Gosh! Daddy yung Dior ko! I wasn't able to buy my bags!"

"Daddy nakakahiya kanina! If you saw the reactions sa staffs, you would think it was the end of the world!"

"I was with a woman, dad! She paid for the groceries!"

"Okay..." Ferdinand calmly said. But his voice died down when the voices of his three children kept on shouting and screaming.

"What did we even do to deserve this?!"

"AHHH!! My car?!? They're going to get my car?!! DADDY???"

"What? Daddy!? Mom?!"

"ENOUGH!" His voice booked and his hand clashed with the table. Imelda widened her eyes and looked at her husband, "Ferdinand..." She warned, but still so composed.

The three fell quiet on the sudden tensed atmosphere in the veranda. They hang their head low and nibbled on their bottom lip. When their father raises his voice, it means that he had enough and that he needs to retake his dominance over the family.

"Anak, take your seats muna." Imelda looked at her children and pointed at the vacant seats.

One by one, Imee, Bongbong, and Irene say down on it and looked at their parents. Confused, embarrassed, mad, frightened, and just a mix of all emotions.

"I decided to cut all your cards." He started, his children was about to speak not until he raised his palm in the air.

"I'm getting tired, I'm getting older, and my children are spoiled brats who spend money every second. So... I made an agreement. In order for you to get your inheritance... You should make money on your own. Make a living on your own." Ferdinand looked at his children.

Imee's eyes were widened, Irene's mouth fell agape, and Bongbong's eyebrows were furrowed. But all of them had the same reaction. "WHAT?!?"

"Mommy?" Irene frowned on her mother but Imelda just shrugged.

Ferdinand then handed Imee a brown envelope. "You're no longer be a Marcos for 5 months. Imee..." He gave the envelope to his oldest daughter. "You're Maria Imee Tuazon, all your documents, ID's, everything. It's in there."

Imee frowned as she opened the envelope. Ferdinand then looked at his only son, "You. You're going to be Bongbong Suarez." Bongbong got the envelope from his father's hand.

Ferdinand then turned to his youngest daughter, who was a carbon copy of him. "Irene." He called, handing the envelope, "You're going to be Maria Irene Gonzales."