xxvii

Third Person

The message that she received stuck with her all through the days. It was the night before March 21, she was still hesitant to go to HeBREW's. Even when she was in doubt, she already knew where the coffee shop is.

She was pacing back and forth on her penthouse. Yes, she now has a penthouse just a few few blocks away from Marcos Fabric Gallery building.

Irene sat down on the edge of her bed as a text message from the same unknown number texted.

"I hope to see you tomorrow, Irene."
"I'll be waiting at the left side."

She frowned and closed her eyes before letting herself fall back to her bed. "Curiosity kills, Iya..." She told herself.

"But the person needs help." She turned to her side and argued with herself. "Sige na nga." She groaned and reached out for her phone.

"Noted. See you."

She pressed the send button and dragged herself towards her pillow and placed her phone on the nightstand.

What could she possibly signed up for? Who knows.

⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷

Irene arrived at the café just 5 minutes before the clock struck 3. She looked for someone on the left side of the place and saw a man in a coat and shades on.

A cup of coffee and a slice of cheesecake placed for his side and for... someone in front.

His head perked up and even through the shades, they knew both of them looked at each other's eyes. He stood up and she knew that that was the person who texted her.

"Uhm... Irene, right?" He took of his sunglasses.

'Wow... He's hands- gosh, stop no.' She widened her eyes as she felt herself blush. "Uhm... Yes... Yes, I'm Irene... And you are?" She asked.

He then stretched his arm out, "I'm Henry..." She took his hand and shook it. Both withdrew and Henry pointed at the chair.

"May I?" He pulled the vacant chair for Irene, she smiled at him as she sat down. "I hope you don't mind that I ordered something for the two of us..." He scratched the back of his head.

"It's okay." She smiled at him. "Uhm... Can I ask where you got my number?" She politely asked as she rested her hands on the table.

Henry sighed, "I...I searched for you." He paused, "Ikaw lang ang makakatulong sa akin." His thick Australian accent was still evident.

Irene's eyebrows furrowed at this, "Makakatulong? Ano maitutulong ko?"

He took the folded paper from the inside pocket of his coat and gave it to her. She took it with her shaking hands and unfold it slowly.

It was a DNA Result.

She carefully read every word of what the results said. Irene had already seen this type of test and her face showed surprise when she saw the result.

"I'm Giah's father."

She felt the whole world fell unto her shoulders, "You mean... They changed the results kay Greggy?" She swallowed a lump on her throat.

He nodded and gave her another folded paper. "That's his results." She quickly unfolded it and saw the negative results.

Irene pressed her lips together, "How...how would I know if you're telling the truth?"