xxv

Third Person

"Congratulations! You're the father!" Olivia grinned as she handed him the results. He stood there frozen on the spot, not knowing how to react.

Olivia's smile was from ear to ear as she held on to Greggy's arm, "Congratulations!" She said.

He looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and blinked for a couple of times before looking back at the doctor. "Is that already the final test?" He asked.

Olivia frowned and sighed, "Yeah. It's really what the doctor mailed us."

Greggy swallowed a lump on his throat and opened the folder that revealed the test results.

POSITIVE

He felt his heart dropped to his stomach as he remembered how on earth would he break this gently to Irene.

"Okay. Thanks." He was about to withdrew his arm but her grip tightened, "Wouldn't you like to hold your daughter?" She smiled.

Greggy shook his head, "Some other time. May pupuntahan pa ako." He pulled back and walked his way out of her house.

He pressed his lips together as he climbed on to his car, turning the engine on, and drove his way to Irene's office.

He didn't know where and how to start, breaking it to her gently would be hard as the news he'll be telling will be a difficult pill to swallow. They love each other, that's true, but it's inhumane to let the child grow without a father when he knows that he is the dad.

Knowing Irene, she wouldn't let that happen.

He went inside the building, greeting every personnel and employee he encounters. As he got to the foot of her door, he knocked twice and opened the door.

Only to reveal her kissing someone else.

Irene's eyes widened and pushed the man back as her gaze landed on Greggy. "It's not what you think." She quickly stood up.

Greggy looked down and smiled to himself. "What do you want me to think?" He asked before looking at the man who was kissing his... future ex girlfriend.

Danny.

Oh how fate has played them.

"Well... It's good to see you both." Danny grinned before fixing his vest, "I'll see you when I see you." He turned to Irene and winked, to which she flinched and cringed in response.

"I heard you're the father? Congratulations." He whispered to Greggy as he got closer to him. Greggy balled his hands on a fist and calmed himself. He watched him go out of the office and slammed the door close.

It was now Irene and Greggy alone in the office. He hesitated to walk towards her.

"I...It's not what you think it is... Let me explain first..." Irene bit her lip and walked towards Greggy and held his arms. "When we heard a knock he went out to me and...and kissed me." She explained.

Greggy believed it instantly, he doesn't want to question Irene as his news were far more harder than what he saw. He nodded and smiled at her, "I believe you..."

Irene saw the folder on his hand and looked at it before her eyes trailed back to his. "Is...is that the results?" Her voice cracked.

He nodded slowly and handed it to her, "I'm sorry..." He uttered as she opened the folder. A gasp escaped from her lips and a tear rolled down on her cheek. "You...You're the father..." She stuttered as she stepped backward.

"I'm sorry, Mour... I'm sorry..." He reached for her hands and tightened his hold. "I'm sorry." He repeated.

She felt her heart sank as she choke back her tears. "It...it's fine... It's fine... You should go back to your family..." She wiped her tears. "I'm... I'm happy for you." She smiled, her lips shaking.