xix

Third Person

The Head of the Marcos Family has already recovered and was discharged from the hospital a week ago, he has felt better than ever and everyone was ecstatic about the news. Ferdinand has already stepped down as the CEO of Marcos Corp. and now it was led by his oldest child, Imee.

Bongbong was now the head of their subsidiary company, Marcos Hotels and Restaurants. While Irene holds the position of the head of another subsidiary company, Marcos Fabric Gallery.

Resignation letters were approved by their past companies as employees.

After the 3 months and a half venture of them living on their own without the support of their parents, they've become independent on their own and mature, to which Ferdinand and Imelda was surprised.

The family were having lunch in their family house, a simple get together after everything happened. "Imee, may bagong release yung favorite mong brand." Imelda started the conversation as she swirled her soup with her spoon.

"Talaga?" Imee showed interest, "Will you be getting it? I can contact Ruth to reserve one for you." Her mother smiled. Imee then shook her head no, "Hmm, wag na ma... I'd rather invest my money sa stocks natin..." Imee sipped on her soup.

Irene looked at her mother who was astonished, then fell her eyes on her older sister, "Oh my gosh... You're giving up your bags?" Her mouth fell.

Bongbong shook his head and wiped his mouth with the napkin, "Weird. I remember the time you fought with someone because both of you held the bag at the same time." He chuckled, Ferdinand joined his son in chuckling and looked at Imee.

"I remember that... You even called me." He smiled at his oldest, "Daddy..." Imee frowned. "I grew up, okay... I'm planning nga to sell the bags I have used na." She said matter of factly.

Irene choked on her water and widened her eyes, "I'm planning to do that with my shoes rin... I'll be messaging Pia to do it, want me to sell yours?" She asked Imee.

"Sama mo na yung watches ko, nasa 2nd compartment ng watch room." Bongbong looked at Irene but she wasn't listening so he kicked her feet under the table.

"Aray, ano ba, Bonget!" Irene hissed and kicked him back.

Ferdinand and Imelda sat there, shocked on what was happening. Was this really their children? The three Marcos children who was dubbed as the spoiled children of the business tycoon? Who were these people?

Imelda, who was sitting beside Irene, raised her hand and placed it to her daughter's forehead, "Nilalagnat ba kayo, mga anak?" She frowned.

Irene looked at her mother confusingly, "Mommy? Why? I'm feeling fine naman?" Imelda looked at Irene, to Bongbong, then to Imee. "Are you really my children?" Imelda jested.

The children then burst into laughter, "Mommy!" Imee laughed, "Ano baaaa!" She added as she prolonged the "a" sound. "Mommy, we're done with that phase... I don't want to party all night and bang my head on the wall dahil sa sakit... I want to take the position daddy gave seriously..." Imee smiled.

"Me too..." Bongbong agreed and smiled.

Irene chuckled at her older siblings and nodded before looking at her parents, "Me three." She then looked at the vacant seat beside her. "When would Aimee come home pala?" She asked.

Aimee was in England, living on an all girl dormitory. She will be finishing college there and maybe someday, be the head of a new subsidiary of their business.

"She'll come home in the summer, she's graduating next year kasi so we have to go there soon." Imelda smiled. The children nodded and they all continued to eat their lunch.