xvii

Third Person

"Ma? What about the company?" Bongbong looked at Imelda, they were outside the operating room as the doctors and nurses were prepping their father up for surgery.

Their mother looked at them and sighed, "Your Dad said to take over... Kaya pinabalik kayo..." She said slowly.

Bongbong looked at his older sister and nudged her by his elbow, Imee frowned on this, "Me?" She looks at Bongbong.

He nodded and smiled, "I know how important the company is to you. And it's going to be better if it's handed it to you than to me." Irene looked at her brother and widened her eyes.

Just a year ago she remembered how Imee and Bongbong was on each other's throats, both wanting to lead the company. Irene, on the other hand, was not interested in inheriting the company.

She rather wants their small fabric business. It was a business with an advocacy, to relive the cultural roots of it and preserve the beauty.

So by watching her older siblings compromise, she smiled to herself. "Ganda ng effect ni Louise sa'yo, ah." She teased.

Bongbong then quickly slapped her thigh, "Aray! Mommy oh!" Irene glared at Bongbong.

"Bonget, don't hit your sister. And who is Louise?" Imelda reprimanded making Irene stuck her tongue out to him and slightly move her head from side to side.

Bongbong frowned on this, "It was just soft." He clicked his tongue. Imee looked at their mother and chuckled, "Louise is Bonget's crush way back college. They're co-workers on the company he is working now..."

Imelda's face then brightened, "Mag-aasawa ka na?" She asked. Bongbong widened his eyes in horror then later on, his face reddened, "Ma! Hindi ko pa nga girlfriend, asawa na..."

Irene stifled a laugh by pressing her lips together, "Eh si Irene at Imee rin naman, may mga special someone kunohay." He included his sisters.

Imelda turned to her daughters, "Talaga? You should bring them pagka-galing ng Dad niyo..." She smiled. "Ma... Baka anong mangyari kay Dad kung ipapakilala na namin ng sabay-sabay." Irene jested.

"Oo nga, Mommy..." Imee nervously chuckled.

In Irene's case, her boyfriend is an Araneta. A sole enemy to their company. In Imee's case, she was supposed to be married to a son of their business partner. And has the fate to just be a wife of that son.

To which she never attended any meeting regarding the arranged marriage. She doesn't want to spend a life in a loveless marriage. And she doesn't want to be known as only the wife of someone.

She wants a name of her own. And she'll make it someday.

Imelda stroked the hair of her daughters, "Don't be scared. You Dad will welcome whoever that is... As long as they love you, he will like them too. Wag nga lang kayong saktan..." Imelda cracked a laugh.

Imee and Irene smiled, "When Dad gets out of here... We'll take them sa bahay..." Irene placed her hand on top of her mother's hand and squeezed it softly.

Bongbong looked at the three girls in his life and smiled at the thought that someday, Louise, or should they call her, Liza, will soon be a apart of their family.

Imelda turned to her only son and pulled him closer by his side, "Introduce her to us too, okay?" She whispered.

Bongbong smiled and nodded, "I will, Mom."