Special Chapter I

Third Person

"Mour?" Iyo closed the door behind him and tugged out his tie. He went to the living room, hoping to find Iya, but to no avail, she wasn't there.

He placed his suitcase on too of the single couch as his hand detangled his tie. He looked around and went to the veranda, turning his head left and right.

He noticed that there was a table set up placed at the center of their lawn. He tilted his head to remember what could possibly be the occasion.

His nose smelled a delicious aroma and wondered if who was the one cooking.

He opened the first button of his polo and went to the kitchen. And there he saw his wife, his sons, daughter in laws, and grandchildren working together, making quite a feast. "Nandito lang pala kayo..." Greggy chuckled.

"Oh! Hello!" Iya smiled and greeted him. "Sorry, did you call us ba? We couldn't hear kasi nabu-busy..." She chuckled before kissing his cheek.

"Happy Birthday, mour." She smiled at him before going back to her station to mix the frosting and coloring.

Greggy looked at them as one by one his children and apos greeted him with a kiss on cheek. "My God... Nakalimutan ko..." He chuckled as it dawned onto him.

"What?" Irene paused on mixing the frosting to look at him. "You forgot your birthday?" She asked.

He nodded and laughed, "Oo... Nakalimutan ko talaga..."

"Your age is showing, Pa." Alfy teased and chuckled. "Kaya nga eh... Na-oobvious na." Greggy joined as he sat on the stool beside Andy's.

"So... Anong niluluto niyo?" He asked them as he rested his elbows on the table. "Xandra and Chrissy baked a cake." Irene smiled, "I made ice cream. Yung recipe ni Lola yung ginamit... Alam ko kasing miss na miss mo na yun."

"Really?" His back shot up, "Mhmm... Nasa freezer pa." She informed him and he nodded.

"Oh, mga sir..." Irene looked at her sons and pointed at the stove with her lips. "Paki ano na ng pasta... The steak is cooked na." She moved to the side.

"Kami na bahala dito Ma..." Luis placed his hand son his mother's shoulder and kissed her cheek. "Change your clothes na..." He smiled.

"Kayo na bahala dito ha... Xandy? Chrissy?" She looked at the women who was starting to do the frosting of the cake.

"Ha? Bakit naman sila, Ma?" Alfy scrunched his nose, "Ay, no offense to the both of you ha..." He turned to Xandra and Chrissy who just chuckled. "Parang nakakalimutan mong kami yung mga anak mo, Ma..."

"Drama mo, sir." Irene rolled her eyes, "Maka masunog yung pasta, Alfy ha." She warned.

"Hindi po, Ma'am! Syempre hindi dapat kasi last na lang to..." He chuckled as he sprinkled a pinch of salt on the boiling water.

"Oh, sige na. Balik kami mamaya... Sa veranda na lang tayo magki-kita..." Iya and Iyo nodded once as a sign of goodbye and went out of the kitchen.

Greggy placed his arm over her shoulder as they waked upstairs and to their room. "May gift ako sa'yo..." She grinned.

"Hmm? Gift?" He asked, smirking.

"Ano ba! Hindi ganiyan! 'to talaga." She smacked his chest lightly. "Uy, wala naman akong sinabi ah?" Greggy said, surpassing his laughter.

"Ah nako, ikaw talaga... Basta, when we get to the room ibigay ko sa'yo..." She smiled.

Greggy pulled her closer to him and kissed the side of her head. "Thank you, mour." He smiled.

"Always." She responded as she laid her head to his chest.

When they got to their bedroom, Greggy opened the door and Irene went in first, going straight to her table and taking the paper bag to her hand.

He closed the door and looked at Irene. "Ano yan?" He asked.

"My gift!" She cheerfully said. "I hope you'll like this... Come..." She went over to their bed and sat at the edge of it.

Iyo cocked his head at her and followed her to sit beside her. "Baka naman ang mahal niyan..." He smirked.

"Hey... It's not wrong naman to splurge once in a while... And investment naman 'to..." She smiled cheekily.

"Happy Birthday..." She greeted again and gave him the paper bag. He nodded along and smiled at her as he took the bag from her hand. "You open it na..." She nudged him.

"Okay... Okay..." He chortled and began to open the bag, taking out the box, and felt his eyes widened when he read what it said.

"Mour..." He breathed out, "Ang mahal nito..." He looked at her. "You deserve it..." She smiled and looked at his eyes. "Sige na... Open it..."

He only nodded, placing the bag to his side as he popped the lid off the box, revealing a silver-ish, gray watch with a blue dial. "Audemars Piguet." He stared at the watch.

"Mhmm..." She hummed. "Flip it over..." She instructed. He flipped the watch over and read the engraved words at the back.

"Iya & Iyo
Mour"

He smiled and looked at Irene before pulling her to an embrace, "Thank you, Mour..." He whispered.

They pulled back just a little until their noses touch and their faces just centimeters apart. "You're always welcome." She smiled.

He looked at her lips and then to her eyes again. It was a silent permission. And so she nodded once and looked at his lips before closing her eyes.

Their lips touched, moved in synchronicity, their tongues danced to each other, his hands cupping her face and her hands on his nape. They pressed their foreheads together and smiled, closing their eyes.

"Wear it na..." She smiled. He then pulled her and fell back on the bed, "Later..." He smirked and kissed her shoulder.

"Hmmm... I'd like that but... We have to go." She giggled and patted his arm. He then placed a kiss on her lips and nodded, "I love you."

"I love you." She scrunched her nose and looked st his watch. "You like it?" She asked as she watched him wear it.

"I love it." He smiled and stared at his watch before looking at his wife again. "Thank you so much." He kissed the side of her head again.

"You're always welcome, mour." She the tugged him to sit back down again as she stood up. "I have to change pa..."

"Wag na lang... Tutal mawawala rin nama-"

"Shhh..." She shushed him, putting her finger on his lips. "Dinner na, mour." She giggled and went to her closet.

"Ikaw talaga..." He clicked his tongue. "Later, mour." He heard her from her closet.

⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷