ix

Third Person

Greggy and Irene looked at each other before going back to their respective desks. Greggy holding the folder to his hand and hesitated to look at Irene who was now typing things on her computer.

"Irene..." He called. Her head poked out of the monitor and looked at him, "I don't need a new one. This is good already. I'm sorry." He apologized and Irene just nodded.

"I understand." She simply responded then they went to their own worlds.

Both wanting time to fasten up so that they could breathe some fresh air and just be somewhere than locked up inside the same room. They don't know what to say.

The words they say just can't seem to be the right ones. They may end up hurting each other with their words that are sharp as knives.

⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷

Bella and Martin were inside his office, talking about the employee's salary as pay day was fast approaching. Martin wanted help for that matter but as well talk about Greggy and Irene's situation.

"Alam mo bang nagsisigawan yung dalawa kahapon? Nako mas-stress ako sa kanila." Bella leaned back on her chair, eyes focused on the monitor.

Martin chuckled at her as he was writing down things on a post it note. "Bakit? Hindi nahiya sa mga empleyado, ah." He commented.

Bella's head turned to him and nodded, "Kaya nga diba? Mga siraulo talaga, maloka ako. Sinabihan ko sila nag mag-usap sila, sana ginawa nila yun."

Martin looked at her and shook his head, "I bet wala pa."

"Ay nako! Bahala na nga sila, matatanda na sila. Alam na nila kung anong tama at mali." Bella said, shaking her head at the thought of Greggy and Irene.

"Let's just finish this one up and the we'll pack up na. It's getting late na rin." Martin informed her as he looked at the desk clock beside his laptop.

Bella only nodded and focused back on her work.

⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷

As there were a lot of paper works, Irene and Greggy had already finished their work at around 7 in the evening.

He had already told Irene to go home as he didn't want her to be overworked and go overtime. But she insisted that she should stay to finish the things up quickly.

"Anong gusto mo for dinner? Magpapa-deliver na lang tayo..." He looked at her from his table. Irene leaned back on the chair and slouched, "Ikaw bahala..." She muttered.

Greggy only nodded, "Is Old Cage okay?" She nodded, "Yeah..."

He dialed in to his phone and ordered food that was good for them. After the conversation, they went back to their works. The piled up papers were slowly getting done.

Greggy kept on glancing over Irene who was stretching from time to time, "You sure kaya mo pa?" He softly asked her.

She looked at him, emotionless, "Yes. I'm sure... Doesn't mean I'm not used to this, I can't do it anymore..." She snapped. Greggy frowned and sighed, "I was just asking, no need to snap at me." He shook his head.

Irene felt her cheeks heated up, guilt eating her, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." She looked at him. "It's fine..." Greggy smiled at her.

"You know... I kinda miss this..." He took a deep breath and blew it on a long exhale. "Miss what?" She asks.

"This..." He looked at her. She then instantly knew what he was talking about and she knew deep inside her that she misses it too. She misses their small talks. She misses their laughter. She misses him?