xi

Third Person

"Ilang taon na po kayong kasal?" Irene asked as she scooped an ice cream through her spoon. They were gathered in the small circle table on their balcony. Greggy and Irene sitting beside each other and his Lola and Lolo in front of them the same.

Lola Lydia looked at her husband, eyes full of love. "57 years of marriage." She uttered. Irene's lips curved into a smile, "Wow... So you were married at the age of what po?"

"I was 24, he was 29." Lolo Emmanuel smiled at Lola Lydia. "Kaya kayo?" Greggy's grandfather looked at the both of them. "Magpakasal na kayo." He grinned.

Greggy widened his eyes at his grandfather and dropped his shoulders, "Si lolo talaga..." He said as he shook his head.

"Nako, nako, tama naman, Iyo! Time is running, gusto pa kita makitang makasal!" Lola Lydia interfered. All Irene could do was laugh at Greggy's reactions.

To change the subject, Irene redirected the topic back to the love story of the older couple. "Pano po kayo niligawan ni Lolo Emman?"

"Nako, Iyo! You listen ha, take notes." Lola Lydia chuckled as she teased her grandson.

Irene looked at Greggy who pleading her to let them stop with his eyes. She just stuck out her tongue at him teasingly. Lolo Emman then exhaled heavily and pursed his lips as he reminisced of the olden times.

"We met in a school program." The older man chuckled as he looked at his wife. "And ever since then I never let her slip away from me. Every afternoon I wait for her to finish kasi President to ng Student Council nila. So pag may meeting siya, dinadalhan ko ng dinner kasi gabi na makauwi..."

"Sa paghihintay ko sa kaniya, gumagawa ako ng mga assignment ko. Para naman may magagawa pa ako even though I'm waiting for her..." He added. Lola Lydia smiled at the thought, "Everyday bibibigyan niya ako ng chocolates, fruits, at kung ano-ano pwede kong isnack."

Irene smiled at their story, she was about to say something when Lolo Emman beat her to it. "Never gave her an apple." He put his finger down.

Greggy laughed, "Alam ko 'yan." He said as he drank the melted ice cream on his mug.

"Bakit?" Irene asked, lost.

"Doctor kasi 'to..." Lola Lydia chuckled. "Diba may saying na 'an apple a day, keeps the doctor away?'" She laughed at her husband.

Lolo Emmanuel then shook his head, "Pero totoo naman. Oh diba, nandito pa rin kami para sa isa't isa all through the years."

Irene just nodded, smiling. Greggy was looking at her and noticed something in the side of her mouth. Ice cream.

He stared at it and it led Irene to look at him questioningly. "Hmm? Bakit?" She asked.

Greggy hesitated in giving her his handkerchief, "A...ah kasi ano... May ice cream sa gilid ng bibig mo..." He whispered as his hand raised to wipe it away.

Irene was stunned to watch him clean her mouth with his handkerchief. She looked at him as he was wiping her mouth, he looked at her eyes and smiled. "There..."

Her face then turned into bright red, "A...ah thank you..." She looked away.

Lolo Emman and Lola Lydia were just watching over them, smirking. They know what those actions mean. Only an idiot wouldn't see how in love they were with each other.

And guess what, Iya and Iyo were two idiots who are oblivious of each other's feelings.

The older couple shook their head as they realized that Irene doesn't really know how Greggy loves her. And Greggy doesn't have the slightest clue that Irene had already fell for him.