xviii

Third Person

"Daddy's been transferred to the recovery room. The surgery was successful... They just have to observe him as there might be complications post-surgery." Imee informed her younger sister.

Irene's hand went up to her mouth and tears of happiness streamed down her face, "Really? I'll be going there na."

"Ingat ka." She heard her older sister say and ended the call.

Warm hands slipped through her waist and a pair of lips met her neck. "Who was that?" He whispered.

"Ate. She told me that Daddy's been transferred in the recovery room na." She smiled as her placed her arms on his. "I never knew you were feisty." Greggy chuckled.

Irene rolled her eyes and turned herself so she'd be facing him. "I can be feisty when I want to." She whispered, biting her lip.

"Mhmm..." He agreed, "But not now, mour." He placed a kiss on her forehead. "Soon. But not now, okay? Just when you're ready." He pressed her forehead to hers and smiled.

Her heart fluttered at this gesture as she knew Greggy knows where to limit themselves. He withdrew himself and started to kiss her face.

Her cheek, her nose, her forehead, the side of her eye, the bone of her eyebrow, her chin, her jawline, and finally he pulled back and looked at her eye.

She pouted and gave him her puppy eyes, "Why did you stop?" Her eyebrows then furrowed and met at the middle.

Greggy laughed at her reaction and pinch the tip of her nose, "I'm not done."

And as on cue, he dipped in to her level and crashed his lips on to hers. He felt her smile through the kiss, for just a few seconds, he then pulled herself closer and deepened the kiss.

"Mmm..." He heard her moan quietly.

Soft and brave- He though as his teeth sucked on her bottom lip and drew out a sigh that made him smile. Their mouths slip against each other intimately. He can taste the flavor of her balm under his tongue when he sweeps her lower lip and enter her mouth carefully.

His name escaped her lips, a warning. They can't let this get too far.

So she patted his chest lightly and they were able to soften the kiss and pulled back from each other. Irene opened her eyes and looked at Greggy's eyes, and as her eyes fell down to his lips, she giggled.

"Oops...Wait..." She fished out her handkerchief and wiped Greggy's mouth. "Hmm?" He looked at her, not knowing why she was wiping his mouth.

"You got my lipstick all over your mouth, tsk..." She chuckled and wiped the side of his lips. "There... All gone..." She patted her handkerchief on his lips.

He pulled her in to his arms and again and buried his face on her neck. "I love you..." He paused, "You don't have to say it back for now." He added.

She looped her arms on his back and nodded slowly, "Just know that I feel the same." She whispered.

⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷

Irene arrived at the hospital, her phone on her hand placed on her ear. She was trying to contact Imee and Bonget as she wasn't informed what room they were in.

"Ha? Kanina ka pa tawag ng tawag." Bongbong picked up his phone.

"Ah talaga? Hindi ko nga alam anong floor at room kayo." She bantered back.

"8th floor, room 38."

"Okay. Bye." She ended the call and rolled her eyes. As she pressed the 8th button, she waited for the elevator to go up to her destination. As the doors opened, she then went outside, her eyes focused on her purse as she looked for something.

As she got further down the hall, a sound of a crying child was heard. Her eyes looked for the child and it dawned upon a girl of maybe, 7 years old, crying in the corner.

Irene frowned and slowly walked towards the child, "He...hello little girl..." She smiled and leveled down to the child's height.

She hesitantly raised her hand and stroke her hair, "Where's your parents?" The child shook her head and frowned.

"You don't know?" She asked and the child nodded. "What's your name? I'll help you look for your parents..." She smiled.

The child looked at her, tears still streaming down her face, "My name is Xabreena. But my family calls me Xab."

Irene smiled and nodded, "Okay, Xab... Come on, let's find your parents..." Irene stood up and offered her hand to the little girl.

Xab took Irene's hand and she timidly walked with her, "You look like my Tita Riny." She murmured. "Your tita?" Irene smiled.

"Mhmm..." Xab agreed, "She's a doctor here." She added. Irene then looked at the child, "Here?" Xab nodded.

"Oh... Okay, we can call her then..." Irene smiled and they went to the elevator. And just on cue, the elevator door opened and it revealed a reflection of Irene.

"Xabby!" The woman ran to Xab and hugged her, "Gosh, where did you go ba? I was so worried... Thank God you're okay." She kissed Xab's forehead.

"Miss Stranger helped me..." Xab pointed to Irene.

The woman stood up and brush through her lab coat and looked at the stranger who helped Xab. As they locked eyes, they were stunned to see a scary resemblance to the both of them.

"Oh...Uh...We look like each other..." The woman chuckled. "Yeah... I can see that..." Irene chuckled. "I saw her crying at the corner..." She added.

"I see... Thank you so much for helping... My patients call me Dra Riny... If we meet again, call me Riny..." Riny smiled.

"Oh, ikaw paka ang sinasabi niyang Tita Riny..." She chuckled, "I'm... Iya..." She hesitated. "I have to go..." She informed. "Sure... We have to rin, may check up pa to..." Riny said as she pertained to Xab.

Irene waved at the both of them, "Bye, Miss Stranger! Thank you." Irene smiled at Xab and patted her head, "Be a good girl." She smiled.

After the encounter, she turned her back and searched for Room 38. She took a turn and then saw the room number. She knocked a few times before going inside.

"Sorry, may nakita kasi akong bata na nawawala..." She murmured as she went inside the room.

"Iya..." Her head shot up to the person who called her. She looked at her father who was weakly smiling at her, "Dad!" She moved to her father and held his hand.

"Okay ka na ba? Does your head hurt? May masakit ba? Where's Ate? Are you comfortable here? You want ba to transfer?" She rambled on and on with her questions and was just responded by a light laugh.

"Daddy naman eh, I'm asking you questions..." She frowned. "Hinay-hinay lang, Iya..." Her father smiled.

"Pagaling ka na dad... I have someone I want you to meet..." She smiled, "Asawa mo?" Her dad jested. She scrunched her nose and shook her head, "Aasawahin pa." She teased back.

"Nako... Baka bunso pa ang mauna, darling..." Ferdinand tilted his head to look at Imelda, "Okay lang, matatanda na yan sila, alam na nila kung anong tama't mali..."

"Oh see? Pagaling ka na, daddy ha?" Irene kissed the hand of her father and smiled. "I love you, daddy."

"I love you too, sweetheart."

⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷