xiv

Third Person

"Ate..." She gasps as she saw her sister, wide eyed and lips slightly parted. She quickly removed her arm from Greggy's hold and looked at her older sister.

Imee was blinking her eyes, making sure that what she was seeing was real. She didn't know how to react, "Why...why are you here?" She asks.

Irene the looked at the man that was beside Imee. "Why are YOU here?" She questioned her back.

The older one raised an eyebrow, "I asked you first." She tilted her head. Irene bit the insides of her cheek as Greggy looked at her and her older sister. "Sino 'yan?" He whispered.

"You know what..." Irene grabbed Greggy's hand and went forward and stopped just right in front of her sister. "Greggy, Imee. Imee, Greggy. My older sister, my boss." Irene quickly introduced the two figures in front of her.

Greggy reached his hand out and Imee accepted it, they shook their hands and smiled. "Nice to meet you." Imee smiled.

"And I you." He replied.

Irene then looked at her sister and raised an eyebrow as she stole a glance to someone she was standing beside with.

Imee huffed a sigh and rolled her eyes, "Tommy. Irene. Irene, Tommy. My younger sister, my co-worker." She introduced.

Tommy smiled at Irene and reached his hand out, inviting her for a handshake. They shook their hand and looked at each other to smile. "Nice to meet you." Tommy said as he let go of Irene's hand.

She smiled and looked at him, to her sister, then back to him. "You too." She responded quickly.

"So... I bet you're also here to watch the movie? To avoid further delay, we can always group up and watch it together... If it's okay with the two of you?" Irene suggested.

Tommy and Imee looked at each other, as if having a conversation with their eyes. After a while, Tommy smiled and nodded.

Imee returned her gaze to her younger sister, "Alright..." She breathed out.

⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷

Sniffles and secretly wiping of tears were heard and seen inside the cinema. Greggy was looking at Irene as she wiped her tears away.

They were watching a Filipino adaptation of Wuthering Heights. Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit.

His face look amused at how Irene was so invested on the film. "Hey? Okay ka lang?" He asked her as he fishes out his handkerchief.

He chuckled softly at her as he handed her his handkerchief. "Here..." She sniffed and took it from his hand.

She nodded and wiped her nose and cheeks. "Wag ka ngang tumawa diyan..." She hissed, making him chuckle more. "Shhh..." She hushed him.

He only shook his head and looked at Tommy who was also comforting the crying Imee. His gaze fell back to the massive screen in front of them again, he felt her head rested on his shoulder.

As the movie credits rolled out on the screen, the lights started to light up. Irene was gently patting her cheeks with the handkerchief as she sniffed. "Kalma na..." Greggy stroked her back and chuckled.

Irene furrowed her eyebrows at him and hit him lightly on his chest. "Stop laughing, it's not funny kaya." She frowned.

He held up his arms in the air, "Okay...okay... Kalma ka na... Magdi-dinner pa tayo..." He smiled at her. She nodded and looked back on her older sister who was waiting for her and Greggy.