v

Third Person

It has been 2 weeks since Irene has worked as the secretary for Greggy. The COO and Marketing Director of Araneta Properties. She had quite gotten a thrill on working, her personality has turned to the impatient Irene to someone who could keep her mouth shut.

It was an exercise not having to talk back or to throw any sarcastic comments every now and then. But, she managed to do so and it made her proud of herself.

"Irene..." Greggy called, his eyes on glued on to his laptop while her gaze was locked into her computer. "Hmm?" She hummed as she glanced at him.

His eyebrows met halfway, "Kailan nga yung out of town na meeting?"

Irene moved her cursor to the document where she organized all of Greggy's day to day schedules. "Sa Thursday po. Overnight." She looked at him as she finished looking through his schedule.

Greggy just nodded, "Bulacan diba?" Irene just nodded at him. "Samahan mo ako... I might need some extra help for that." He pushed his glasses back go his nose and looked at her.

"Okay..." Irene smiled at him before continuing to do her work.

The start of hectic schedules, back to back meetings, and filed up paperworks has started since it was almost time for the company to release their new 250-hectare Residential Estate and Country Club.

It was a Joint Venture Agreement with La Casa Azzura Realty & Management Inc.

Irene checked her desk clock and saw it was already 3 in the afternoon. She smiled to herself, stood up from her seat, and went to the snack bar the other corner of the room.

Ever since she made him coffee, she had decided to make it ever 3pm. It became a hobby of hers to stir him some coffee.

"Break." She softly said as she placed the coffee beside his laptop. Greggy looked up to her and saw that she was also holding a cup. "Oh, so you drink coffee now?" He chuckled.

Irene shook her head, "It's tea." She chuckled.

Greggy nodded and brought the cup to his lips to sip on his hot coffee. "You are really preparing my coffees, ha. May week streak ka na..."

She scrunched her noses as she put down her cup, "More than a week na kaya!" She giggled.

Greggy leaned back his chair as he watched Irene sat on a chair in front of his table. "I have a question... If you don't mind."

Her eyebrow raised at him, "Go on..." She said.

"Have you ever be someone who is important to someone but not a priority?" His lips went into fine straight line. She looked at him, confused on why he asked this.

He looked at her expression and chuckled, "Nevermi-"

"No... It's fine... I was just stunned..." She smiled at him and pursed her lips. "Hmm..." She thought for a second.

"I haven't, I guess..." She sighed, "Sometimes, important things are swept to the sides in order to focus and give more attention to the things that is meant to be achieved." She added.

Greggy looked at her, "Can you elaborate?" He asked, looking to interested on what she was saying.

"Important things aren't and shouldn't always be prioritized because sometimes it's the main hurdle why people stumbled and failed because they aren't looking forward to their goals. But instead, they are looking backward to the important things that only stay still and watch." She ended her thoughts.

Greggy looked at her, amused and amazed at the same time. "Wow. I never really thought of that..." The left corners of his lips curved up, making him smile-smirk.