iv

Third Person

"Hi... Good morning..." She greeted with a smile as she walked past the staffs in the office. They were all mesmerized by her poise and beauty.

"Sino yan, te?"
"Kamag-anak ba nila yan?"
"Baka girlfriend ni bossing?"
"Hindi, gaga walang girlfriend si bossing."
"Tanga baka nga. Bingi ka ba?"
"Hala baka siya yung replacement nung na buntis?"

She pressed her lips together to stop herself from laughing on what she was hearing. Irene was trailing behind Bella who was now shushing the murmuring staffs. "Pag pasensyaan mo na, Irene..." Bella smiled at her.

She waved her hand dismissively and shook her head, "It's okay..."

Adrielle, the former secretary before Irene, got herself pregnant. She didn't know who the father was so she was asked by her mother to go back to their province.

She thanked God silently for that as she really do need the job. Bella halted in front of a desk just steps away from the frosted glass door. "I guess this is where I'll be working at?" Irene pointed on the desk.

Bella smiled at her and shook her head, "No, that's for someone else. Your office," She pointed at Irene as her heels turned, "Is inside Gregorio's office." Her index finger landed pointing to the glass door.

Irene's eyes widened, "HA?!" She blurted out and bit her lip. "Sorry." She smiled apologetically to Bella.

She made her way to the door, pushing it, and revealed a white, minimalistic office set up. They made their way inside, Irene gawking at the interiors of the office.

Greggy's desk was at the left side center of the room and hers was at right side but at the left corner. "This is mine, then?" She walked towards her black desk. "Mhmm..." Bella hummed.

Irene turned her gaze back to Bella and smiled, "Thank you, Miss Mendoza... What should I do next? Would...uh...our boss be around?" She hesitated.

"You can make yourself comfortable in your desk. Familiarize everything first, I'll be leaving you here as I have a lot of paperworks... Greggy would be here in just a minute, may kinakausap lang daw sa ibaba." Bella walked towards Irene and invited her to a hand shake.

Irene gladly took it, shook it, and then smiled. "Welcome to Araneta Properties, Irene." Bella patted her shoulder before letting go from their shake.

"Alright... See you around, Irene. Goodluck on your first day! You'll enjoy it here." Bella smiled, walked towards the door and looked at Irene. "Thank you, Miss Mendoza..." She softly said.

"Anytime, Irene." She beamed before walking out from the room. Irene was now left alone on the office, she settled down on her swivel chair, and her eyes wandered around the room.

She got back up on her feet again and decided to stroll around the room. Looking at the paintings and frames that were hanging from the walls, she finds herself smiling.

Her hands stroked through the frames that was displayed on a large divider. There were portraits of maybe a young Greggy, pictures of his family, some trophies and awards, and just a bunch of little trinkets.

"Enjoying?" A manly voice rang through. She quickly turned around to face Greggy. "Sir..." She smiled.

"Okay rule number 1, when we're alone, don't address me Sir or Boss. Just outside the office and when we're with others." He chuckled as he closed the door. "Well, I guess that's all the rules..."

Irene giggled at him and nodded, "Okay...?" She raised an eyebrow at him. "Greggy. Greggy's fine." He quickly responded. "And what should I call you?" He smiled.