xxxii

Third Person

"You ready, darling?" Ferdinand stroked his daughter's cheeks as he felt himself tearing up. Imelda was dabbing a napkin on the sides of her eyes as she looked at her youngest daughter.

Irene smiled at her parents and smiled, "As ready as I'll ever be, Dad."

"Ikakasal na bunso ko..." Imelda cried, "Mommy..." Irene pouted and bit her lip to stop herself from tearing up. "Always remember that we love you, okay?" She smiled.

Irene nodded and smiled at her mother. "Always."

Ferdinand took a deep breath and nodded, "Let's get you to your husband." He opened the car door for his daughter and his wife to come out of the bridal car.

Irene carefully went out of the car and slowly stepped on to the ground as she carry her trail of white cloth to her. Imelda then helped her daughter in fixing her trail and her veil.

They were now standing in front of the church where she and Greggy will get married. The doors are closed and her heart is bursting out of happiness.

She felt figures walking up to her and held her close to them. "Hold on tight, darling." He smiled as the huge church doors of Santa Monica Church opened.

Imelda was on Irene's right side and Ferdinand on her left. Both her parents were giving her a way towards the end of the aisle.

As they stepped inside the beautiful parish, embezzled with flowers, cloth, and other designs, her eyes settled on Greggy. The man who she was going to marry. When their eyes met, their mouth tugged upwards as Greggy bite back his tears away.

"It's a long aisle, darling..." Her father whispered to her, "You still have time to walk back." Irene chuckled at her father and smiled.

"Ferdie..." Imelda reprimanded while sniffing, "What?" Ferdinand retorted, "I'm just joking..." He smiled at his daughter.

He then stroked his daughter's hand with his thumb, "I know Greggy will take dare of you..." He smiled. Irene nodded at this and looked at Greggy, "He will..." She muttered to herself.

They walked down the aisle until to the very end where Greggy was waiting. He had a smile and his eyes glistened from the unshed tears he had.

As they arrived, Greggy shook Ferdinand's hand and kissed Imelda's cheeks. Ferdinand then slowly and carefully gave Irene to Greggy. Both him and Imelda then walked back as Greggy held Irene close to him.

Irene and Greggy smiled at each other and looked up to the altar as they shifted comfortably on the front center of the church, just before the priest.

The ceremony then started. The priest blessed them, sang their songs, gave their praises, and said their payers.

Father Primacio then asked the couple to hold their hands while looking into their eyes, say their personal prayers and so, begin their vows to each other.

The ring bearer went in front with the rings in a red cushion. Irene giggled at Greggy's nephew and they carefully picked up their rings.

"Bless us and these servants in their journey, O Lord, and let these rings be a sign of their faithfulness and remind them of their love for one another. Through Jesus Christ our Lord," Father Primacio spoke.

"Amen." The whole crowd recited.

Father Primacio then took out a handle from a bowl from the altar boy and began to sprinkle and bless the rings and the couple in front of them with holy water. The gold bands would be a reminder of their love and devotion to each other.