xxiv

Third Person

"Kain ka na, Iya..." Imelda coaxed her daughter. She had been locking herself up on her room for over two days. She haven't talked to anyone about what happened except for her older sister.

Imelda sighed as she left the tray on the foot of her daughter's door. It has been like this since she found out about the revelation.

Them leaving her meal outside her door and a few minutes later she gets it and eat.

Greggy, on the other hand, was trying his best to get a Paternity Test for his child. He had saw her and he knew it wasn't his. She didn't look like him at all. And if appearance were the only proof he needs, he would've been free from the chains.

But no. He needs that test. And he'll get it with everything he has.

"Iyo, she's your daughter." Emma smiled as she cooed at the child. At this, the child then cried, "Oh no..." She frowned.

Greggy looked at his mother and smirked, "She doesn't even like you." He commented.

Olivia took the child to her arms and rocked her softly, "She has a name you know..." She trailed on and looked at Greggy, "Giah..." She smiled.

Greggy's forehead creased, "Giah?" He looked at her. She nodded and looked at her daughter, "Giah Carmela Caya-Araneta." She smiled.

He scoffed and shook his head, "No. Hindi pa sure kung anak ko siya." He bitterly spatted making Olivia frown.

"Greggy... Stop being stubborn." Emma rolled her eyes, "Okay lang po, ma..." Olivia smiled.

Greggy made a face and his eyebrows met together, "Ma?" He asked and chuckled. Olivia frowned again and sighed, "Anyway, I can't stand this. Uuwi na ako. If you want any help or anything, just call me." He stood up and headed out.

"Won't you kiss your daughter?" Olivia stopped him. He looked down at her, his face remained emotionless, "She's not my daughter unless I see a DNA Test."

He then went out. Emma looked at Olivia apologetically and sighed.

⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷

Irene finally went out of her room as she needed to go to her office to go back to work. She walked downstairs and saw that Imee and Bongbong was talking.

She sighed and quietly walked to the kitchen until Bonget called her. "Nakita ka namin. Halika nga dito."

Closing her eyes and sighing, she faced her older siblings and braced herself for the never ending talks of comfort. Instead of it, Bongbong hugged his sister and patted her back.

"Wait for the confirmation muna... Let's not jump into conclusions, okay?" He smiled. Irene looked at him confusingly and frowned, "Are you siding with him?"

He shook his head, "No. I'm telling you to be reasonable. The man doesn't know if he really is the father or not. Tapos... Hindi pa naman kayo nung nangyari ang nangyari..." He reasoned.

"He came to us, you know..." Imee joined in. "He told us what his plans were..."

Irene frowned at this, "Bakit sa inyo siga lumapit? Bakit sakin hindi?" She asked. "How could he contact you when we can't even talk to you." Imee countered.

"We're not invalidating what you're feeling but... give him time muna. He knows that he isn't the father so let's give him the benefit of the doubt." Imee smiled.