CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: "I WILL DO NO SUCH THING."

( tw, mention of grooming )

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.

     The next morning, Aveline had finally decided to open the mysterious letter.

Aveline, it began. She didn't recognize the handwriting which was elegant and thin.

Blaise has already told me so much about you. I can't wait to meet my niece one day—

Aveline stopped reading for a moment. This was a letter from Blaise's mom, Lucille. Her aunt. This was a letter from her aunt.

I don't expect you to write back soon as I know this may be a lot for you to take in, but I wanted you to know more about my sister, your mother, Inessa. I've also attached a permission slip for you to attend Hogsmeade with your classmates.

Aveline found herself smiling. She liked this woman already.

Your mother was one of the most, powerful witches of her time, if not the most. As you can see, she was the only one who mastered a time traveling spell. She was smart as a whip, much like your fellow Gryffindor Hermione Granger that I hear so much about. She excelled at Transfiguration —

So that's where I get it from, Aveline thought.

And Potions as well. Inessa was also a phenomenal Quidditch player and I expect you can find her in the Hufflepuff trophy case. Yes, Nessa was a Hufflepuff. Within this envelope, I've added a letter Inessa wrote for you as an infant. She told me to give it to you should anything happen to her and I ever get the honor of meeting you.

I hope to see you in person someday soon, Aveline.

Much Love,
Lucille Zabini.

So, Inessa Zabini had been a Hufflepuff. She played Quidditch. She was the best in her year at Transfiguration and Potions.

Suddenly, Aveline felt like there was a lot of pressure on her. She had to excel at Transfiguration and Potions to live up to her mother's image. She had to at least make Quidditch more enjoyable with her commentary since she couldn't play.

Not much she could do about the Hufflepuff thing. She was a Gryffindor. That was set in stone.

Aveline dug around in the envelope and pulled out another folded piece of paper. This one also had Aveline's name on it.

She took a deep breath and unfolded it.

My little love, it began.

OKAAAAY ADELE!!!

Not a day went by that I didn't think of you. That I didn't miss you or have the urge to bring you back to me.

If you're reading this, it means, unfortunately, the Dark Lord found me.

Aveline paused, re-reading the last line over and over.

Her mother was dead. She'd never gotten to meet her and she never would. Voldemort had killed her.

Now you and Harry can bond over your moms being murdered by Voldemort.

This is not the time to use comedy as a coping mechanism.

Aveline blinked back the tears she was suddenly aware of and took a breath, continuing to read.

I know how unreliable Dumbledore can be, therefore I wanted you to know some things about yourself from me. Your mom.