Chapter 51

The soft blue light that had previously enveloped the room slowly died down, and Steven made out two figures.

"Pearl! Garnet!" Rushing towards them, he opened his arms and hugged the two gems. Steven felt them tense for a moment, before Pearl muttered something.

"...Steven?" That was all it took before he felt himself be pulled into a hug by the two. "Steven.." Garnet sighed in relief. "I'm so glad you're okay."

He tightened his arms around them, before pulling away to look at them. Despite gems not needing to sleep, the two looked tired. Their eyes were glossed over, as if they were desperately holding back tears. He smiled at them.

However, he felt a sense of urgency as he remembered Amethyst. But he wasn't sure how he could bring the topic up.. other than being blunt. It felt wrong, but if it worked..

"Um.. I was told about Amethyst.." He saw their faces fall before quickly looking away. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." Garnet quickly reassured him. "We- um- yes.. It's true she's gone.. but we can do it. We'll get through this." Her voice cracked, her visor disappearing in a cloud of sparkles as she wiped her eyes.

"This might be a weird question.. but do you have her? I just.. want to say bye." He saw Pearls eyes turn towards him, before she slowly nodded. Her gem began to glow, and a small jar appeared into her hands.

Inside, was a purple gem, split almost perfectly into 5 pieces. He slowly took it and held it against his chest. Hold on, Amethyst. He thought determinedly. I'll bring you back.

"I'd.. I'd like some privacy, if that's ok." He turned towards the bathroom, keeping his gaze on the gems. They nodded, and Steven quickly walked towards the room, hope surging throughout him.

Closing and locking the door behind him, Steven placed the jar onto the toilet and turned on the faucet. As the bath filled up, Steven rummaged around and pulled out the special bottles that he would need.

Steven dumped all of the bottles contents into the bath, and grabbed the jar, preparing to cry. As he leaned over the bath, there was a soft knock on the door.

"Steven? Everything ok? Is that the.. bath?" He heard Connie call from the other side.

"No! It's the- the um.. sink! I'm just washing my face." He replied quickly. He heard Connie mutter something that sounded like 'ok', before he assumed that she walked away.

Nervously, he began to think about what would happen if this didn't work. That was all it took for the tears to come, and pink began to mix with the other colours in the bath.

He opened the jar and scooped the gem pieces into his hands. "Please," he whispered. "Please, please work."

Not bothering to pull up his sleeves, he lowered the gem into the bath, holding it together as tightly as he could. His stomach knotted and it was painful how sick he felt as he watched with anticipation.

"Please." He whispered again.

...

...

Then, suddenly, a bright light began to appear, and it was coming from his hands. Gasping, Steven let go from the gem, and it shot up into the air. He fell backwards, his hands flailing out as he falls, knocking the jar off the sink and onto the ground.

He watched, feeling relief fill him up as the body of Amethyst slowly appeared, before the light died down and she fell into the bath.

It took a moment before she moved, slowly looking up as he eyes fell onto Steven.

"Steven.. STEVEN! You're ok!" She suddenly yelled, jumping towards him. "Amethyst!" He cried, wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm so glad you're ok! Last time I saw you, you were a huge monster, and-" She abruptly stopped, her eyes widening. "I was shattered. But- how?!"

"I brought you back." Steven wrapped his arms around himself nervously. "I'm so, so sorry for- for shattering you." Amethyst opened her mouth to respond, but there was another knock on the door.

"Is there someone in there with you? Are you ok? We heard something fall." Connie was at the door again, sounding more concerned that before.

Amethyst rushed forward. Before opening the door, she turned to him, and smiled. "It's ok. It's wasn't your fault." Before bursting out the door as Steven stumbled behind her.

The house was suddenly filled with silence as everyone turned towards Amethyst. Pearls mouth fell open as she gasped, and Garnet's eyes filled with tears as she still had her visor off.

"AMETHYST!" Pearl and Garnet screamed, rushing towards her and the three hugged each other as they began to cry. Steven slowly walked over to Connie, who had her hands over her mouth.

She turned towards him. "That's why you wanted her gem?" Steven nodded.

Connie, with tear filled eyes, grabbed one of Stevens hands in her own, and turned back to watch the reunion.

And for the first time in a while, despite everything that had happened...

Steven felt as though everything would be ok.

————————————————————————
Ohh, I'm so, so, so sorry for suddenly stopping the updates. I've been feeling so unmotivated and I feel guilty. I hope that this chapter and it's ok despite the long wait! I also know I do this often, and I'm sorry, again. But I still hope you liked this :)

- Salty

Wind blowing over the hill

All of life entirely still

Sun shining onto the sand

Holding each others hand.

A sense of peace in the air

And they couldn't help but stare

At the ocean as it slowly moved.

And felt, like everything would be ok.