Chapter 24

Garnet ran behind Steven, who, much to her relief, was beginning to calm down. She turned towards Lapis and nodded. Lapis then pulled out a giant ball of water from the ocean and hovered it above Steven.

Suddenly, Steven stopped and surveyed his surrounds. At that moment, Pearl decided to throw a spear over his head. As quick as a whip, he caught it and swallowed it, causing Pearl to audibly groan. Stevens tail twitched, and he began to walk towards the beach. One of his front legs touched the water, but Garnet held up a hand.

He walked in deeper, until all his legs were partially submerged. He went deeper still, until his stomach was gone. "Lapis, now!" Garnet yelled. A giant water chain shot out of the water at the same instance as Garnet yelled. "Lapis, why are you doing that?!" Garnet yelled angrily, running towards Steven.

"I-I didn't.." Lapis stammered, accidentally dropping the water on Steven and soaking him. The chain wrapped tightly around Steven, who didn't move or make any emotion. Suddenly, giant blobs of water hurled themselves out of the ocean, forcing the Crystal gems back.

"Lapis! Can you stop this?" Bismuth yelled, narrowly dodging a sharp looking blob. "I'm trying, but I can't!" She responded, looking at her hands as if they were useless. Suddenly, something, or, someone rose from the ocean.

"It's you!" Lapis yelled. The other Lapis giggled. "It's not just me." Garnet felt something get thrown into her, forcing her to the ground. She turned and saw Peridot and Bismuth next to her looking dazed at Jasper, while Bluebird strutted towards them.

"Why are you here." Garnet growled. "We're here to capture this beast and use it to take you down." Jasper responded evilly. "You don't even know what it can do!" Garnet clutched her fist in anger. "Well, it wouldn't be any different from those other ones." Jasper made a disgusted face.

"And besides, it probably useless. Look at it just.. standing there! It's weak if water can hold it." Garnet had enough. She shot up, accidentally throwing Peridot and Bismuth to the side. She glared at Jasper, but then smirked, causing a confused look from her. "I'd like to see you try to control him."

She didn't seem to notice that Garnet said 'him'. Jasper waved at the other Lapis, who nodded then pulled her hands in a certain motion, causing Steven to turn around and walk to the beach. His eyes still showed no emotion. Wait for it.. Garnet thought. "See? It obeyed her, all it needs it a proper leader." Jasper puffed out her chest.

Water wrapped around one of his arms, and forced it up. "With this, you stand no chance. So say your final goodbyes." Garnet turned towards the other Crystal gems as Jasper grinned at the Lapis, and did a thumbs up.

"Ready?" Jasper laughed, waving her hand at the Lapis. The Lapis shot her hands forwards. But nothing happened. With a confused look, she shot a glare toward the Lapis, who looked panicked. She did the motion again, but nothing happened.

"Are you trying to anger me!?" Jasper barked at the Lapis. "N-no! I would never! Just give me a moment.." Stevens leg stiffly moved forwards a little. "That's it!" Jasper sounded super angry as she walked towards the beast's legs.

"Obey me!" She yelled, kicking his leg. Steven craned his neck to look at her. "I am superior! I am more important than a pathetic corruption as yourself! I rule you!" Garnet turned and exchanged a worried glance with Pearl. Jasper didn't seem to notice as Steven lifted his other leg and hovered it over Jasper.

"I OWN you!" Jasper screeched, as the other Lapis and Bluebird looked on with horror. With a flick of his claw, Jasper was sent flying back. And with another tail flick, his water chains disappeared as the Lapis was also sent flying. With a mighty roar, he stood on his hind legs and shook the ground.

——————————————————

Enjoy another chapter. Sorry for running out of things to say at the end..

- Salty

All eyes glaring at them

Panting and hurting and trying to win

The future, they were trying to bend

But they were blind to what would come

Mighty roars shaking the earth

And alas, they could only save some.