Chapter 18

Garnet clenched her fists as she ran up to the temple, expecting the worst as it became quiet after the sudden roar. "Steven! Connie!" She yelled, hearing two pairs of footsteps behind her. Only a quiet whimpering was audible.

She slowly made her way up to Stevens room and the whimpering got louder, but it wasn't coming from his room. She continued up to the garden, not knowing what to expect for once, but knowing who was in it. "Steven, please." Connie's voice was heard through the thick walls "don't do that." Garnet signalled for Pearl and Amethyst to stay back as she peaked through to open door.

And before her was an interesting sight. Steven was surrounded by dirt and torn plants, their stems tangled in his claws. Connie was seated in front of him, holding her face which was bleeding again. "Connie.." Steven whimpered, before it morphed into low growling.

He suddenly stood up and flared at Garnet, who flinched and pulled her head back. But Steven stomped out, angrily he snarled at them. "You just have to listen to every conversation I have!" "Steven, it's not like that. We're just worried about you." Garnet tried to reason.

"LIES!" Steven yelled, running down the stairs as the pink on his skin grew faster. Garnet glanced at the other two Crystal gems, and nodded. Pearl went to talk to Connie, whilst her and Amethyst chased after Steven, but paused when they heard another voice.

"See! I told you." One argued, in an annoying voice. "Hmm. I guess you weren't lying. Good job." The other said approvingly. Garnet charged forwards and it Jasper in the back on the head, almost making her face plant.

She ignored her as she trampled over her, running to Steven who was on his knees with one clawed hand clutching his stomach. She slowed down and reach a hand, but pulled it away. "Go.. away." Steven grumbled in a low voice. "No, Steven. I'm here to help you. I'll always be here if you need me." Garnet firmly told him.

Steven turned to look at her with murder in his eyes. "I said.." he got up and a pink, glowing outline flashed around his body. "Go AWAY!" Garnet stumbled back as sand swirled around her and everything went black.

"Garnet!" Amethyst cried as everything exploded with Steven's scream. "Looks like you lost you 'leader'. Heh." Jasper pointed out the obvious, which caused Amethyst to tighten her whip which was around them. "Pearl!" She desperately yelled "PEARL!"

Amethyst heard something rush down the stairs, as Pearl and Connie appeared. "What-" "Steven poofed Garnet! We need to get her gems!" Amethyst cut off Pearl, which caused a look of annoyance, before fear took it over. "You two go, I'll keep these two in check." She offered, once again tightening the whip as a high pitched groan came from Bluebird.

"Good luck." She whispered, seeing the two run off with weapons in hand, towards Steven who seemed to be.. growing?

—————————————

Aye, sorry, I was just gonna wait until the weekend to post so I can get back into the order of high school. Enjoy!

- Salty

Roars echoed in their ears

Terrified eyes looked around

Missing people looked for their peers

Only to hear their screams.