Chapter 52 (Final Chapter)

Steven tapped his fingers against his bed in a steady rhythm. His phone was clutched in one hand, the camera open as he stared at himself.

There weren't many patches of pink on his body. The only noticeable change was the light pink horns sticking out. And his teeth were slightly sharper, but he doubted anyone would ever look closely enough to notice.

Steven had an idea in mind. One he'd been meaning to try for a while, but he wasn't sure if it would work. Breathing in, he closed his eyes and focused.

Momentarily, it felt as though electricity was flowing throughout his body. Then, after a second, it stopped. Nervous, he once again took a deep breath, before opening his eyes.

Right where the two horns used to be, was nothing but his fluffy black hair.

"Yes!" He cheered, jumping up from the bed. He had successfully shifted the horns away. However, it wouldn't last forever. He'd need a break eventually. But it would be very helpful in avoiding awkward questions.

Focusing once more, he shifted the horns to their normal size again, and then bigger. He stopped when they were about an arms length tall.

"Having horns is surprisingly heavy..." He muttered, feeling the sudden weight on his head. He quickly shifted them back.

"Well, I guess shapeshifting will be more useful then I've ever thought!"

The bed creaked softly as he stood up. He made his way down the stairs, and lingered by the warp pad.

That reminded him...

He hadn't seen Bismuth, Lapis or Peridot ever since he had turned into a monster.

He felt guilt spiral inside of him. Actually, he didn't really know what he did to anyone when he was a monster (well, except for Amethyst).

Behind him, the door creaked open.

Steven turned around, and to his surprise, everyone was there.

"Steven," Connie began, looking worried. "Where are you going...?"

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." He reassured her. "I was actually about to go looking for you all. And, well, here you all are!"

He took steps away from the warp pad and began to walk towards everyone. With a smile, he pulled his dad and Connie into a hug. Then, all of the other gems began to hug them until everyone was hugging.

"How're you feeling?" Connie whispered to him.

"Not great, if I'm being honest." Steven replied.

He felt her place a hand on his shoulder, and pulled him away from the hug.

"That's ok." She began softly. "You're not going to be instantly better. It's going to take a while."

"Yeah." Lapis added. "It took me months to start feeling happy and safe."

"But just know," Connie said with a smile. "We're all here for you, and we all love you."

Steven felt himself tearing up. He sniffed and wiped his eyes, softly laughing.

"Thank you all, so much. And I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologise." His dad said, ruffling his hair.

Steven stared at everyone.

"Hey, I have an idea." He said. "How about we all go on a picnic?"

He listened as everyone whooped and cheered, agreeing. Everyone helped to gather things from the kitchen, and they made their way to the top of the hill and ordered pizza.

Connie and he where holding hands, and he listened to all of his friends and family talking and laughing and... there was a feeling blooming in him... contentment.

And he thought, that he would get through this. Despite the new look, he had friends and family who would stay by him no matter what.

Yeah... he'd be ok.

————————————————————————
It's finally finished! I can't believe it. It's been a long time, but it's done. I'm sorry if it feels lacklustre, but I didn't really want anything grand, just our boy to be happy.

I appreciate everyone of you so much, and I'm extremely thankful for all the support.

But I'm not done with Steven Universe yet, no. I'm working on two other stories. One with time travel, and one with Roses Room. That's all I'll say. They're not up yet, but once they are I'll edit this.

But once again, thank you all so, so, so much!! I can't believe I started this story two years ago, and it's finally ended. Actually, I can't believe Steven Universe ended years ago. It felt like it was yesterday...

A flower blooming can't do so alone

It need water and light, and sun.

Together in harmony, they help the flower

Until it's able to grow strong.

The flower blooms, and shows it's beauty

But it still needs the water, the light, and the sun.

They all work together, to help the flower bloom.

Because it can't do so alone.