Chapter 29

Amethyst ran forwards, catching the small blue and red gem in her hands, and quickly rolling away the Steven slammed a claw down where she was previously standing. "No, no, no, no, no, no.." She repeated under her breath, rolling behind a building.

Dang it, Garnet! Why didn't you move? She thought, helpless falling onto her knees. She placed the gems under a broke piece of wood so they were sheltered. "There. At least when you reform you'll be safe." Amethyst sighed.

She pulled out her her whip and peeked out, somehow not seeing Steven. "What in the..? Where is he?" She said aloud, wandering out. "There's no way he could've ran.. and he definitely can't fly.." Suddenly, she heard soft growling. She choked on her breath, but acted fast.

Amethyst jumped out of the way as Steven head butted the boardwalk. I can't get poofed.. Not again! Otherwise.. I'll get shattered. She thought gloomily. She ran down onto the sand. "Don't bring it over here!" Bluebird screeched, struggling from where she was tied up.

Amethyst ran towards them though, Steven closely behind. Bluebird was screaming, the Lapis looked scared, and Jasper didn't seem to care. But Amethyst ran past them, and Steven didn't bother to look at them as she continued down the beach.

Where the heck is Pearl!? She thought, angrily tightening her grip on the whip. We're supposed to be a team! She turned to look behind her, regretted it. She saw Steven charging towards her, with his mouth open and dozens of sharp, pointy teeth glinted in the faint sunlight.

"Gah!" Amethyst fell over, tripping on a stone. She felt a giant claw pin down her foot as the sky exploded, thunder roaring above them. She couldn't breath, as the two stared at each other for what seemed like hours.

Suddenly, the clouds have in to the immense pressure as rain began to slowly fall. As it hit Steven, it seemed like it awoke him from a trance. He lunged forwards, biting Amethyst around the stomach, and biting down as hard as he could.

Amethyst screamed, her tears mixing with the rain, until she poofed. Steven growled, angry at losing his prey, and caught her gem before it hit the sand. He bent down and licked it, but decided it wasn't his taste, and flicked it out of his claw. Her gem fell down, and down, and down.

Pearl sighed, hearing the rain slightly muffle Connie's cries. She felt horrible. She wanted to help her student, but Mrs Maheswaran was doing her best. How had she gotten hurt in the first place? Oh.. Steven. "STEVEN!" Pearl yelled, suddenly standing up and startling Mr Maheswaran.

"I have to go!" She added, running to the door and slamming it open, then slamming it closed. How could I have been so foolish? I need to make sure Amethyst and Garnet are alright!

The rain quickly soaked Pearl as she speedily, but gracefully ran down the street, narrowly avoiding any cars which were driving. She soon saw the looming shadow of Steven, who seemed to be greedily observing something in his palm.

Where's Garnet and Amethyst? She got closer and saw Steven make a sour face, tilting his hand so whatever was in it flew down. What is that? Then, it clicked. "AMETHYST!" She screamed, tears welling it her eyes as the gem made heavy contact with a stone.

Pieces flew everywhere, gleaming on the ground. Pearl didn't know if she was crying a lot or if it was the rain, but she knew what it really was. She walked towards it, a spark of hope igniting rising in her chest. But it was shattered as she inspected further.

—————————————

A new day, a new chapter! Enjoy!

-Salty

A flame refusing to die

Not even tears which they cried

Could rid of her hope

She climbed the greatest slopes

Journeyed around the world

But here she was, her limbs all curled

Crying in the mirror.