Chapter 35

Peridot walked next to Lapis, using her metal powers to hold an oddly large metal bucket. She had only been to the fountain once, so she hoped she could remember the route. "Are we nearly there?" Lapis asked impatiently, but not rudely.

"Uhh, Hmm. Oh, yes! Nearly." Peridot answered, walking around a rose bush. Phew. She thought, seeing the barrier which protected the fountain. "Now, lets not take too much. We still want enough for-" Peridot got cut off as a medium sized blob of water lifted from the rest.

"Yes. That should do. Now.." She carefully moved the bucket and scooped up some water. "Y'know, I could've done this by myself. I have water powers." Lapis said. Peridot unintentionally made a hurt face. "Because then you'd be alone. And being alone isn't good!"

Lapis silently sighed as the two began to trek back towards the warp pad. Oh stars. Does she hate me? Again? Peridot thought worriedly, staring at her reflection in the bucket of water.

No. She couldn't hate me, the great and loveable Peridot! The two stood on the warp pad and quickly warped back, rushing down as fast as they could. From the distance, they saw the pink shape of Steven slightly shift.

Lapis and Peridot shared a worried look. They also saw Garnet standing around the others. "Hey! Everyone! We got the water!" Peridot shouted, trying not to spill any as she ran.

"Oh, you're back. Good." Garnet said. "Pearl and Bismuth have not returned." Peridot placed the bucket on the ground and summoned the lid off a bin. She hopped on it and began to float.

The six sat in silence, listening to the rain softly fall around them. "So.." Peridot began. "How long do you think they'll take?" Jasper looked around, before shrugging. Peridot swivelled her head around to look at the others.

"Maybe she's having some trouble with the diamonds?" Garnet said. "I'll go check." She walked off hurriedly. What's up with her? She turned to observe the rest.

Garnet slammed the door open and walked towards the warp pad. She stepped on it and quickly warped. She crossed her hands. Everything seemed to pass quickly and suddenly she was standing in front of homeworld. It had changed, but at the moment, not for the worse.

She hurriedly walked down the steps and saw three figures. "Why didn't you tell us sooner!" The larger one cried. The figure she assumed was Pearl tried to talk but was only cut off. "Did you three have anything to do with it?" Yellow said as Garnet walked up to them.

"Of course not, why would we hurt our own family?" She said, and Yellow turned to stare at the ground. "Where's Blue?" Garnet asked. "Talking to White.." Pearl muttered. Yellow huffed and stood up, looking rather upset. The four stood quietly, listening for a sign that someone was coming.

And sure enough, they soon heard giant footsteps and White appeared with Blue. "You three! Is it true what happened to Steven?" She asked in a desperate voice. "Yes! And we've come here for your help!" Bismuth said.

"Ooh noo. How did he corrupt? Did I have something to do with it? Does he hate me?" White cried, while Garnet sighed. "No! Why would he- Oh yeah.." Pearl trailed off. "You made up! He has no reason to hate you, and we have no time to feel bad! We have to go, now." Garnet yelled.

She turned and began to run, not bothering to check if the others were following. She jumped on the warp pad and went back. Don't worry Steven, help is coming. She thought, running as soon as she got back. "Garnet!" The rain voice of Pearl cried. No, I have to get back to Steven.

It felt as though the rain was going against her, and the wind picked up. She felt her feet make contact with the boardwalk and she stopped, turning to the others. "So, how'd it go?" Peridot asked.

"They're coming. That's all you need to know." Garnet replied. Pearl and Bismuth quickly joined them. "You alright?" She asked her. "I'm fine. All the matters is that Steven will be better soon." She said.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Hey y'all. We gotta another chapter here. So I hope you like it. Also, how are you guys coping with Steven Universe ending? I rewatched the series (including the movie) in three days straight. I don't think that was a good idea, but at least it made me feel better!

- Salty

Rain falling softly, decorating the earth

With little droplets, unaware to the birth

Of something horrible and something strange

But his feelings were all out of their range.