Chapter 32

{SLIGHT REFERENCES TO THE STEVEN UNIVERSE FUTURE EPISODES BISMUTH CASUAL AND FRAGMENTS}

Pearl softly hummed to herself, turning the cliff that led towards the temple. She didn't see any of the others through the rain, but it was to be expected. "Peridot, Lapis?" She called, not expecting an answer. "Bismuth?"

She climbed the small hill which led up to it and set her feet down on the wooden stairs. They must've gone inside. She thought, stepping up. It didn't take long and she was standing in front of the door, peering inside.

She still didn't see anyone. "Hmm.." She opened the door and wandered inside, looking around. Pearl the summoned a towel, quickly drying herself off. "No, no!.. Put there... Ok..." She head the faint voice of Bismuth and felt her heart softly begin to beat faster.

There they are! She thought with a smile. She hopped up the stairs and let her presence be known with a cough. Bismuth had one of her hands transformed into a hammer, and Lapis was angrily grumbling at a piece of metal as Peridot placed one hand on her shoulder and pointed away, as though she was silently telling her to take a break.

"Ohh, hey Pearl!" Bismuth said with a smile, standing up. "Hello Bismuth." Pearl said, returning the smile. "Excuse those two, they've been tryin' to help, but.." She leaned towards Pearl to whisper to her. "... I don't think they really know what they're doing."

Pearl softly chuckled, then took one of Bismuths hands in her own. "Well, is it ready? We've managed to knock Steven unconscious!" Pearl said a little too happily. Bismuth looked taken aback. "W-well, yes. It's finished though I dunno how we'd get it to stay on him." She sighed, pausing.

"Cuz I don't know how large his head is, so if I do it too big or too small.." She trailed off, turning to look at Pearl. "I'm sure we'll figure something out." Pearl reassured. Bismuth still looked nervous.

"Anywaay, Peridot, Lapis! We gotta get this thing moving." Bismuth yelled, turning towards the two. Peridot nodded, but Lapis not so subtly rolled her eyes. Pearl decided to pitch in moving to grab the other end.

"Alright, ready.. LIFT!" With a strained groan, the four managed to lift it up. They awkwardly waddled towards the balcony, and out into the rain. "We might need to.. WOAH!" Bismuth yelled as the giant piece of metal was lifted out of their hands.

It wobbly flew over and landed heavily on the sand. Peridot let out a tired sigh, falling to her knees. "Thanks, Peridot!" Bismuth said happily. The four jumped down next to it, preparing themselves to carry it over to the corrupted Steven.

"Couldn't Lapis use water to carry it?" Pearl questioned. Bismuth shook her head. "If she did, we'd risk damaging the metal." Painfully slowly, the four carried it until they were just hiding behind the cliff. "I'm going to go check on Garnet.." Pearl said.

She happily turned and looked through the rain, seeing Garnet. She saw a sight much worse though, one she'd prefer not to see. "GARNET!" Pearl screeched horrified, seeing the fusion being held tightly in Stevens mouth.

No. I can't lose her. Not after we lost Amethyst. She paused, but that was her mistake. With an explosion of clouds, Ruby and Sapphires gems began to rapidly fall towards the ground. With a spark of determination, Pearl began to sprint towards the gems.

But a horrible feeling overcame her. One that told her she wasn't going to do it. One that whispered to her. She sped up, but realised how right the voices were as the gems fell closer and closer and closer to the ground.

"NOO!" She screamed, falling to her knees as the gems almost had hit the ground. She stared at her knees, waiting to hear the horrible sound of a gem shattering. But she didn't. She let herself look up, still expecting the worst.

A figure with long, messy hair held the two gems in their hands, a dim look on their face. Pearl gasped, hands covering her mouth. "W-why would you? After all we've done.." Jasper sighed, slowly approaching Pearl.

"Listen, I know I've been horrible in the past, but I want you to help me get rid of.." She waved her hand towards Steven, who was staring at the sky. "This." Jasper crouched next to Pearl, and handed her the gems.

"Do what you need, us three will hold him off until you get back. But don't take long!" She yelled, summoning her newly shaped helmet and running towards Steven with a cry. She saw the blurry shapes of Bluebird and the mean Lapis through the rain.

"Thank you, so much!" Pearl cried, jumping up and sprinting towards Bismuth. "So? Can we go?" Bismuth asked, a little bit of annoyance in her voice. "Peridot and Lapis, hold him off. Garnet will be.. gone for a while." Pearl said, presenting the three with the gems of Ruby and Sapphire.

The three gasped, but quickly nodded. Peridot and Lapis ran off. Pearl tucked the gems in a crack in the cliff. "I'll stay with you. We both can lift this." Pearl said, grabbing Bismuths hands. "Pearl, before we do, I want you to know." She sighed.

"You've been with me since I joined the Crystal Gems. If anything happens, you've been the best friend I've ever had." Pearl teared up, hugging Bismuth. "Hopefully, we'll continue to be friends after this." The two stayed embraced, worriedly listening to the roars of Steven.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Hey everyone! I want to say I hope you're safe from the virus, and are have supplies despite people possibly hoarding! On a more positive note though,

HOLY HECK! These episodes are just.. Wow! I'm about to watch the newest one, and it seems the most interesting!

- Salty

Whispering wind

The lights are dim

Turn your head

Get out of bed

He is here

He is near.