Chapter 30

Everything hurt. Connie wanted to cry, but her throat was burning, Connie wanted to move, but her she only felt pain. Her ears rung, and she wanted it to stop. "Stay with me!" A voice cut through.

The pain slowly disappeared, and she was grateful. Connie tried to open her eyes, but they felt as though they were glued shut. Something grabbed her hand, and she would've instinctively pulled it away if she wasn't paralysed. But she then intertwined her hands with the person.

"You're lucky Pearl brought you here when she did." The voice said. "I was about to leave to look for you!" Connie tried to open her eyes, but still felt to weak. A few warm drops of water landed on her arm. Don't cry! She begged, wishing she could hug the person.

"Ah, I should leave you to rest." The hand pulled away, it's warmth leaving with it. Wait! Don't go! She wanted to call out, but she couldn't, and a door slammed close. Soon, only the rain filled her ears.

Pearl let out an audible sob, clutching the side of her face. She blurring saw through her tears the trio laying on the beach. Excluding Jasper, they looked horrified. After all, seeing a gem shatter was like seeing someone die.

It all my fault! She thought, her hands falling onto the wood. If I had gone earlier, she would've been fine! Steven was glaring down at her, as if he was mocking her. Somewhere behind, Pearl heard a familiar sound.

Everything was white, and cold. Then, everything was black. "Ruby!" A voice called, grief heavily layering it. "Pearl?" Ruby responded, slowly opening her eyes. Pearl was sitting on the boardwalk, her face was wet, but then again, it was raining.

"Hey Pearl. What's that near your feet?" She asked, slowly navigating closer as Steven angrily stomped away, the ground shuddering with each heavy footsteps. Pearl opened her mouth and choked on her words, falling forwards.

"Pearl!" Ruby said, running towards her, but moving so she wouldn't step on whatever was on the ground. "What's wrong? What's on the ground? Is it upsetting you!?" Ruby angrily summoned her gauntlet, preparing to launch her fist onto the ground.

"No! Wait!" Pearl grabbed her arm, shaking her head as if to clear her mind. "The shards on the ground.. it's.. it's.." She briefly paused. "It's Amethyst!" She let out another loud sob, the rain seemingly getting annoyed as it began to rush down faster.

"W-what? Amethyst..?" Ruby sounded, and looked, lost, as she fell onto her knees next to Pearl. "There no way. This has to be a prank! Cut it out Pearl!" Ruby said with an empty laugh, her own eyes glazing over.

It wasn't long before the sound of Sapphire reforming was heard, and the small blue gem was standing on the wood. "Pearl? Ruby? Are you two.." She cut off, unlike Ruby, instantly realising what the shards on the ground were. Or more specifically, who they were.

"D-did Steven do this?" She asked, but nothing needed to be said, as the answer was obvious. Ruby shakily opened her arms, and Sapphire collapsed into them, letting out a weak cry. All huddled together in the cold rain, the three gems cried over a lost companion, as Steven let a loud roar echo around Beach City.

—————————————

Hello my friendos! I just want you guys to know, I really appreciate you all deciding to read my book, and I know it's late, but..

Thank you all so much! It means the world to me that people are deciding to read!Honestly, creating this book, I expected on one to like it, but my, how it appears you've proved me all wrong! I feel happy, and especially to the few who were here f...

Honestly, creating this book, I expected on one to like it, but my, how it appears you've proved me all wrong! I feel happy, and especially to the few who were here from the start! I hope that with every chapter I make, it gives a few of you a feeling of happiness.

- Salty ❤️

Dirt and mud sticking to their shoes

The sun was setting in orange hues

The beach waves receded

And quickly proceed

To give them a good afternoon.