One Step Closer (Chapter 3)

Jade’s POV

I woke up and I noticed Harry was gone. “Harry? Harry!” then he popped up out of nowhere on my side of the bed. “Oh my gosh! What the heck?” I was so scared. He just sat there laughing and I decided to just hide under the covers. Then I heard him get back in bed then he looked at me lying under the covers with my mad face on. “Aw, you are so cute when you are mad” he said then started laughing again. Then he started tickling me “Come on, where is that beautiful smile”? I was still mad but then I started to smile again so that he would stop tickling me. He finally stopped and I kicked him out of the bed.

Harry’s POV

“Ouch!” Jade had just kicked me off the bed. I decided to get revenge so I dragged her out of the bed. She started screaming then she hit the floor. I started tickling her again “STOP!” she kept yelling but I was not going to. She started laughing and smiling and I could tell she wasn’t mad at me for scaring her anymore. After I stopped tickling her she just lay there.

I lay next to her, and then she turned to face me. “I heard what you said last night when I was asleep”. Oh gosh she heard what I said?! I could feel my cheeks turning red “You did?” I felt so embarrassed. She started laughing then said “Yep”. I was so embarrassed I didn’t know what to say so I decided to just kiss her. While we were kissing I didn’t notice that Louis had walked in.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” Jade and I both looked at him very annoyed. “Will you get out please, NOW?” Jade said to him. He started laughing then said “sorry didn’t mean to interrupt”. He still didn’t leave and we were both staring at him. “I came here to tell you guys that there is a breakfast buffet downstairs until 11:30 and you guys should probably go before Niall eats all the food”. Then he finally left Jade followed him out in her PJ’s so I did too.

Jade’s POV

I am so hungry. I didn’t even care to wait for Harry but I heard him come out right after me. We were stuck in the same elevator as Louis. He was just staring at us then he finally said “So are you guy’s boyfriend and girlfriend now”? I still didn’t know the answer so I just looked at Harry. Then he said “Um, we just get along really well”. I was kind of disappointed that he said that but I still knew he liked me. Louis looked disappointed too. He didn’t even talk to Harry the rest of the elevator ride. When we finally got to the buffet we noticed that Niall wasn’t there yet so we hurried up and got our food.

I didn’t feel like eating with everyone else so I went up to my room. I didn’t even notice that Louis was following me until he got in the elevator with me. When the doors closed he turned to me and asked “Are you okay?” I wasn’t okay and I started to feel tears developing but I held them back and said “Yeah, I’m fine”.

To my luck the elevator reached our floor and I scurried to my room. When I was about to close the door Louis came in. “You’re not okay. I can tell. I have 4 sisters.” He looked at me with a caring face. “Okay fine. I’m not okay.” I admitted it; I didn’t want anyone else tickling me to get answers out of me.

“Don’t take it personal Jade. Harry really does like you. He just doesn’t want to ruin your friendship by calling you his girlfriend. He also doesn’t want fans being rude to you over Twitter”. Louis was right. I have seen many girlfriends of superstars get bullied so much that the relationship ended and they never even stayed friends. I didn’t want to lose Harry as a friend. “Thanks Lou” I said giving him a hug.

“No problem, babe” he said to me then he walked out. About 2 minutes later Harry walked in and he looked worried. “What’s wrong Jade?” he asked as soon as he came in and he sat next to me. “Nothing I’m fine” and this time I wasn’t lying. I hugged Harry then said to him “Thank you”. I could tell he was confused but he hugged me anyway.