04

avery pov
the next morning

I rolled over to the nonstop vibrations of my phone somewhere in the sheets. reruns of seinfeld still played from last night as I rubbed at my eyes, and tried to untangle myself from the linens of the bed.

"good god, what is so fucking important?" I questioned, letting out an irritated sigh. "its ten o'clock in the morning" I said as I found my phone, and sitting back against the headboard. butterflied swiftly erupted in my stomach, seeing marshall's name on the screen.

[New Text Message: Marshall Mathers] (2)
[Good Morning, beautiful]
[Please call me when you get a chance]

I let out a small smile.

[New Text Message: Samantha Koch] (5)
[AJ call me]
[Girl, we have serious issues here]
[AVERY JAMES]
[WAKE THE F UP]
[HELLLLLLO]

I let out a small exhale, continuing to scroll through my notifications. "jesus christ" I mumbled, trying to get caught up in the family text thread. but before I had a chance to answer back, aunt charlotte was calling.

"hey, aunt char" I said as I answered the call. "hey sugar, can you please head down to headquarters?" she asked, her voice hushed and gentle.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "yeah, what's going on?" I asked. she cleared her throat, "there are some things we need to address, and iron out honey" she stated, before hanging up. I sighed, resting my head in my hands for a minute as anxiety now completely took over my body.

"what the hell did I do?" I said under my breath, before getting up and grabbing the closest piece of clothing and my keys. I slid into the drivers seat, turning on the car, and heading to the coffee shop to pick up my mobile order.

I pulled into the drive through, rolling down my window as I came to a stop. "morning honey, what can I get ya?" the barista asked, as she slid the window open.

I let out a shy smile, "I did a mobile order for avery, it was an iced vanilla latte with an extra shot of espresso" I said. She nodded before handing me my drink. My nose scrunched in happiness, at the sight of the caffeine.
--

"alright, I'm here. what is so important that this couldn't wait another hour?" I asked unphased as I set everything down. dad cleared his throat, "sweetheart, I need you to explain these pictures of eminem, and yourself"

my face flushed, "dad, I- I" I said, stumbling over my words trying to find the answer they wanted to hear, "these fucking pictures are viral, everywhere I look avery" uncle jerry said, throwing his phone on the desk causing me to jump at the bang.

"and what about issac?" he questioned. uncle jerry took a minute to catch his breath, "and aj, I know you've been sneaking around with that security guard. keep that shit up and he will no longer work at this facility" he said, as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"alright, enough. jerry stop attacking her, and give her a damn minute to speak" aunt charlotte said, trying to keep the peace. "this is a fucking pr shit show, char" he combated.
she rolled her eyes, before letting out a long drawn out sigh, "all business aside, this is still our niece, jerry" she stated. "go on honey, say what's on your mind" she said gently.