xxi. late night talks

NO ONE'S POV
| PRESENT TIME |

"YO FAYE YOU BEEN ACTIN' REAL WEIRD THE PAST COUPLE DAYS"

At Fezco's words Faye tensed up, her eyes widening and shooting to Fezco's confused one's.

"I just... miss Custer" She replied, her words slowed as usual and her eyes staring into the floor— not daring to look another glance Fezco's way.

Fezco frowned, his head tilting as he pulled the blunt from his mouth, blowing out the smoke and surveying Faye's figure.

"The fuck did I tell you about smokin' in here, Fez" Ashtray grumbled, snatching the blunt from Fezco's unexpected hands as he walked past.

Fezco let out a curse as he held his hand to his forehead, mumbling something about forgetting before he stood up and went to the kitchen for a glass of water.

Ashtray rolled his eyes, throwing the blunt outside and walking back to his room where Cherry was still asleep.

When he got back to his room he was met with the sight of an awake Cherry, which surprised him because just five minutes ago she was completely passed out.

Hearing Ashtray stumble through the room, Cherry gave a chuckle and lifted her head— her lips were pulled into an amused grin and her blinks were slow, a sign that she was still sleepy.

Ashtray positioned himself beside the girl, laying on his back with his arms behind his head— something that made his biceps flex.

It was silent for a few moments, Cherry admiring the boy beside her and Ashtray staring at the old ceiling above them.

"You know— I just realised that we don't really know eachother" Ashtray said, his eyebrows pulling down as he continued to stare at the roof.

Cherry gave a hum, laying back so she was looking at the ceiling as well before she spoke.

"I guess you're right"

It was silent again before he spoke up, clearing his voice before speaking. "What's your favourite colour?"

Cherry gave a laugh, "These questions?" When Ashtray gave her a pointed look she sighed and nuzzled her head further into the pillow. "I like green— like the forest kinda green, but not that vomit colour"

A grin tugged at his lips at her words, finding her amusing.

"I like red, or black" He responded, choosing to answer his own question before she had the chance to ask him the same thing.

"Black isn't a—"

"— A colour, yes i'm aware" Ashtray taunted, his eyes rolling back as a joke before it fell quiet again.

"Your mom kicked you out— and excuse me if i'm being rude but... what about your dad?" Ashtray questioned.

Cherry's fingers began playing with the bedsheet behind her, tracing the pattern before speaking. "My dad died when I was eleven" Her voice was quiet, her eyes never leaving the ceiling.

Ruffling was heard, before Ashtray's face appeared, a frown on his face as he began apologising.

"It's fine— it's been a while so it doesn't really affect me anymore" She stated, watching as Ash's eyes scanned her face.

He gave a short nod before laying back down, one of his hands travelling to find her own before connecting their fingers.

"My parents left me— with Fez and grandma" He explained, his hands squeezing her own for comfort.

"What just— left you?" She asked bewildered, her face pulled into a deep frown.

Ashtray gave a hum before asking his next question hesitantly— not wanting to set her off or scare her away.

"If you don't mind me asking— who's the baby's biological father?" His tone was quiet, almost like he didn't want anyone to hear his question.

"Some guy that was visiting his aunt— I don't even remember his name" She answered, her eyelids fluttering shut with exhaustion.

Ashtray gave another hum before noticing the girl's state— he stood up and covered her with the blanket, pressing a kiss to her hairline before laying back down beside her.

___________________

When Cherry woke up that next morning, rushing out to the kitchen for some breakfast she stopped in her steps.

Her feet stayed in one spot, her eyebrows raising at the sight of Fezco sitting at the kitchen table, his phone propped up against a sauce bottle as he spoke to it.

There was a voice that came from it, though she was too far away to hear who exactly it was.

Fezco was on facetime to someone— and by the softer voice her guess was that it was a girl.

Cherry stayed in the hallway for a few more moments, watching as Fezco smiled and laughed with whoever he was talking to.

When her stomach grumbled she sighed and began walking to the kitchen, a hand on her tummy as she rubbed small circles.

"Yo, you remember that time you first tried weed— Rue and I scared the fuck outta you" Fezco laughed, a laugh sounding from the phone infront of him aswell.

"Yeah I remember" A familiar voice said, when Cherry got closer she could see Lexi Howard on the other side of the screen— a big smile on her face and her eyes filled with admiration.

"I'm gonna call you Bobby from now on" Fezco chuckled, leaning back in his chair.

CHARLIE'S DAYCARE !
i'm updating early today!
but considering i have to
write all these chapters it
ends up setting most of the
updating back a couple of
hours.