xxiv. lilo and stitch

NO ONE'S POV
| PRESENT TIME |

ASHTRAY WAS THE TYPE OF PERSON TO KILL YOU IF YOU DISAPPOINTED HIM, though that was already proven with his current kill count.

He, aswell as everyone on the planet had a soft spot— his being a very pregnant brunette with brown eyes that shouts at you if you leave dirty socks on the floor.

He loved his family, of course he did— some would say more than others— but his connection with the young girl was something that almost overpowered his relationship with his brother.

"Ash can you bring me a water?" Cherry called from the living room, a sunflower throw blanket around her shoulders as she scrolled through her phone.

Ashtray called back a 'yeah' and walked back in just five minutes later with a bag of freshly cooked popcorn and two water bottles.

He sat them down on the floor before taking his seat beside her and picking the popcorn back up.

"What're we watchin?" He asked, throwing a piece of popcorn into his mouth before asking if she wanted any.

Cherry opened her mouth, waiting for him to throw it before she caught it in her mouth, grinning as she chewed it and lifted her spare hand for a high five.

"Lilo and Stitch— I haven't seen it in a long time and that shit was so addictive" Cherry explained, doing a small victory dance when she found the right movie and clicked on it.

she put it on full screen and held it so the both of them could see clearly— taking the blanket and throwing it over both of their laps.

"Is that the Hawaiian one or whatever? Where the little blue guy is like an alien or something?" Ashtray asked, leaning on her shoulder as his eyes focused on the screen infront of him.

Cherry gave a hum, not completely answering him due to being engrossed in the film playing.

____________________

Twenty minutes into the film Ashtray adjusted himself to rest his head on Cherry's lap, choosing to close his eyes while the young girl finishes watching.

At a certain funny scene Cherry laughed, her whole body moving with her laugh before she realised she might've interrupted the boys sleep and calmed herself down.

After a few moments of silence— apart from the film playing in the background— a pressure pushed against the girls lower abdomen, it was an uncomfortable feeling but at the realisation of what it meant it had every trace of ever being uncomfortable disappearing.

"Did she just kick?" Ashtray said, startling Cherry who originally thought he was asleep— though in reality he was just resting his forehead against her stomach with his eyes closed.

"I— I think so" She said, staring down at her stomach and waiting to see if it would happen again.

Ashtray chuckled, lifting himself onto his elbows to stare down at the girls swollen tummy.

"What'd you do?" He questioned, desperately wanting to feel the movement again.

"I just laughed" She said, watching as Ashtray rested his two palms on either side of her stomach.

It was silent while Cherry watched Ashtray— a gentle smile taking over her face when she realised what he was doing.

His thumbs rubbed small circles for a second, before glancing up at Cherry and lifting the hem of her maternity shirt she'd gotten recently.

Once it was showing her entire pregnancy bump he let it go, letting his head fall to rest against her upper stomach.

Cherry had to bite her lips to contain her smile, her cheeks beginning to hurt as she brought a hand up and ran it through his short hair.

"Laugh again" Ashtray said— though it sounded more like an order as he kept his head against her.

"I can't just laugh on command ..." She explained, her brows pulling together to form a frown. "Tell me a joke"

"I don't know any jokes" He argued, still not pulling away from her stomach as he spoke.

"Well make one up then" She suggested, running her fingers through the short locks on his head.

Ashtray gave a dramatic sigh before thinking— silence filling the room for a few moments before he let out a little chuckle.

"Okay I've got one— you ready?" He questioned, from her view she could see a smile pulling at his lips.

Cherry gave a hum, deciding to rest her hand at the nape of his neck.

"The letter 'f' in orphan stands for family" He joked, his shoulders shaking with kept in laughter while he waited for Cherry to react.

It took a second to click, her mouth opening to retort on how silly the joke was before she let out a giggle, which was soon followed by more.

She could faintly feel more pressure, focusing on it while she continued to laugh— along with the boy who still had his forehead resting against her stomach.

CHARLIE'S DAYCARE !
ive decided to spoil you all
with tomorrows chapter early,
if you haven't already noticed—
it's a girl! also you guys i had no
idea what she was having either
LMFAO i just made a last minute
decision