xx. ultrasound

NO ONE'S POV
| PRESENT TIME |

IT WAS A WEEK AFTER VALENTINE'S DAY THAT CHERRY HAD HER THIRTEENTH WEEK ULTRASOUND, she was nearing the end of her first trimester and the end of her third month.

"You know when we get to find out if it's a boy or girl?" Fezco asked, his leg bouncing against the shiny floor in the waiting area.

"Google said as early as twelve weeks, but it also said its not always accurate" Cherry explained, flicking through the magazine that she had gotten from a table nearby.

"We'll just have to ask today" Ashtray said, leaning further into his chair and squeezing Cherry's hand.

The three sat in the waiting room for the next ten or so minutes, sparking up conversation every now and then when something would come to mind, Fezco even read out a news article on the Kardashian's and their latest drama.

When Cherry's name was called, the three stood up and followed the nurse to the private room.

"The doctor should be with you soon" She said before walking out and leaving them alone.

"I'm thinkin' we get takeaway for dinner tonight, so we can like celebrate nephews growth" Fezco said, rubbing his hands together as he leaned forward in his seat.

Cherry deadpanned, "We get takeaway like every third night..."

Fezco's face dropped, his doe eyes staring into her soul as he responded. "Why you gotta ruin it? I was tryna' be nice"

Fezco gave her a gentle elbow shove, though a grin erupted on his face just moments later.

The door opened and closed, Victoria— their previous doctor— came into view, a grin on her face as her eyes fell on the trio.

"Well, well, well... It's nice to see you all again" Victoria said, clasping her hands infront of her as she sat with her legs crossed.

The trio all said their greetings, Ashtray's quieter than the rest— as usual.

"Okay well you already know what to do" Victoria gestures to Cherry who stood up and sat on the makeshift bed.

The lights dimmed in the room, leaving only a dull lighting as Victoria connected the ultrasound machine and opened the gel tube.

Cherry rolled her shirt up, exposing her swollen stomach and smiling in excitement when Victoria squirted some gel.

"You went to the bathroom before this?" Victoria questioned, grabbing the transducer and placing it on her lower abdomen.

Cherry gave a hum, "Mhm— Ash made me"

Victoria gave a laugh, along with the other two in the room.

"Well that's good, we don't need anyone peeing on this table today" She explained, moving the transducer a little before stopping and turning to Cherry.

"Do you want to hear bubs heartbeat?" She asked, a particular glint in her eye as she gave Cherry and encouraging look.

Cherry immediately nodded, her chest filling with love when a thumping sound filled the room— her eyes tearing up and a wobbly smile gracing her lips.

"They're growing quick" Victoria stated, moving the transducer some more before keeping it in one spot.

"I have a question" Fezco stated, quite shyly and raising his hand unsurely.

"Of course" Victoria responded, giving him an encouraging smile.

"I know this is Cher's choice and all— but when can you usually tell the gender?" He asked, giving a nervous look to Cherry.

"The most common date to find out the gender is often 18-21 weeks, but some women find out much earlier" Victoria explained, clicking something on her computer and turning it to reveal a black and white sonogram of the fetus.

"Do I have to book another appointment?" Cherry questioned, her eyes never leaving the screen infront of her.

"Yeah usually, but I can book you in for five weeks from now? If you'd like" She suggested, adjusting the transducer.

Taking her eyes off the screen, she looked across from her to Ashtray, who was staring at the screen in awe— his lips parted as a small smile twisted onto his lips.

Cherry smiled before nodding, answering Victoria's question.

__________________

"So you want a boy or girl?" Fezco asked, looking in the rear view mirror briefly before focusing back onto the road ahead of them.

"I don't really know— I haven't thought about it" Cherry admitted, crossing her legs and leaning against the backseat, looking back down at the sonogram in her hands.

Fezco gave a hum as he pulled into the garage, parking the car and turning it off before unbuckling and getting out.

Ashtray and Cherry both followed in suit— clutching the sonogram to her chest as they rushed inside, away from the rain.

"Yo Cher, can I have the spare picture?" Fezco asked, taking his wet coat off before emerging from the bathroom.

"Yeah of course" Cherry responded, taking one of the sonograms and passing it to him.

Fezco stared at it for a second before smiling in thanks to the young girl, patting her shoulder as he walked past her and headed to the kitchen.

Cherry watches as Fezco gets two magnets and places it on top of the sonogram before stepping back.

Her throat closes over at the sight of the sonogram on show for everyone that steps foot into the apartment to see.

CHARLIE'S DAYCARE !
this chapter was mostly just
fezco x cherry — but i've gotta
build their relationship a little
more. also i had to write this
super quick because we're most
likely to lose power in this storm—
i hope you all enjoy !