xviii. undercover detective

NO ONE'S POV
| PRESENT TIME |

CHERRY HAD APPLIED FOR A JOB AT A CAFE DOWNTOWN, it was small and seemed perfect for the young girl— it was also only a five minute walk which was convenient.

They were in desperate need of staff and two hours after she had applied she received a phone call saying she was accepted and that she could start the next day.

When she didn't go to school she spent the days waitressing and watching over the register.

They opened at 9am and closed at 4pm— something she was glad for as it kept her busy, but gave her enough time in the mornings to sleep in if she felt like it.

After she'd finished her shifts at the Cafe she'd usually walk to the gas station, knowing Fez and Ash would most likely be there— she was right every time.

Today she had the day off and Fezco and Ashtray obviously hadn't opened the store today— considering it was late in the evening and they had stayed in the apartment all day.

"What're you doin?"

A soft gasp left the young girls mouth, her head whipping around to the owner of the voice with wide eyes and a hand to her bump.

At the sight of Faye her pulse slowed a little, relief filling her veins that it wasn't some stranger.

Cherry gave her a loud 'sh' as she pulled the blonde to bend like she was.

There was really no need for them to bend down, it just added to the effect.

"I'm an undercover detective!" Cherry whispered excitedly as a mischievous grin lit up her face.

When Faye turned to look at what had the girl so interested she was met with the sight of Lexi Howard on the couch with Fezco, both close together as a song played on the television.

Cherry grimaced and held her nose closed as she spoke, "What's that smell?"

Faye gave her an amused grin as she held up the garbage bag and stood to her full height, successfully towering over the younger female.

Cherry spared another glance at the two on the couch, catching their hands joining together before skipping down the hallway and following the blonde to Ashtray's room.

When the two entered his room he was seated in front of his setup, a concentrated look on his face that disappeared when he saw the look on Cherry's face.

Faye walked out the back door, letting it slam close behind her while Cherry bounced her way to the chair beside him.

"What's that look for?" Ash asked, turning his phone off and turning in his hair to face her.

"I think Fez and Lexi like eachother" Cherry admitted, a soft smile playing at her lips while she watched the screen infront of them.

"Why's that?" Ash asked, going back to his phone.

A movement in one of the lower cameras catches her attention and she watches as Faye begins to walk away from the apartment, stopping at the garage.

It almost looks like she's talking to someone but from the view of the camera it's hard to tell.

Brushing it off, Cherry looks back at Ash, he's still looking at his phone which makes her frown.

"Because they were crying and holding hands on the couch" Cherry says, her mind filling with thoughts when Ash gives her a short nod and stands up from his seat.

The girl watches as he enters the bathroom, looking away when the sound of trickling fills the air.

𝘏𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦— Cherry noted in her head, it was though the boy forgot she was there.

Just a second later he returns and Cherry makes a face at the boy, slightly disturbed.

"Did you wash your hands?" She questioned, tapping him on the shoulder when he didn't answer her.

The back door opened and a harsh wind blew in, startling Cherry who was only in a pair on cotton shorts and one of Fezco's old T-shirts.

Faye waddled in, dripping wet with her shoulders hunched and her figure shivering, most likely from the rain that Cherry just now noticed.

"Oh... hey. It's— raining?" Faye said, though her tone of voice made it sound more like a question.

"I'm gonna take a shower" She rushed past the younger two, her voice shaking slightly but Cherry brushed it off as a side effect from the cold rain— though the look on her face said otherwise.

The blonde walked away, to the bathroom before closing the door and leaving the two alone, in silence.

Cherry's leg began bouncing up and down as an act of nervousness.

The look on Faye's face was spooked, hesitant even— almost as though she'd been told something she couldn't tell anyone else.

Cherry's eyes darted in the direction of the bathroom before looking back at the screen with the cameras.

Her eyebrows furrowed as a shadow of something ran across the road, with the rain it was hard to get a clear view of whatever it was.

𝘖𝘥𝘥— Cherry thought to herself.

CHARLIE'S DAYCARE !
spoiling you all with a second
chapter today, i just wanted to get
it done so i could try and get
another chapter of Guns N' Roses
out within the next few days.