Live Your Best Life

I began being more interested in the magic of this place after Charlotte's visit. I talked to Adam about my peaked interest.

"So, she's like, a god?"

Adam shrugged. "Never asked."

"How could you not question it?"

"There are things I'll never understand, and I've accepted that. But you can talk to Eric."

"Who's Eric?"

"He's in the Grey band, and he's a descendant of Charlotte and Briar. He's our friend."

Later that day, I was introduced to the Greys; Eric, Thomas, Jack, and Malcom. They were all really nice. Jack and Malcom were still nervous, because they're fairly new, but it was a good time overall. We just hung out in the cafeteria. Eventually, everyone left but Eric and I.

He spoke first. "So you want to know about magic?"

I nodded.

We eventually went out to a bar so he can show me what he can do. He can see peoples colors even if they're not in the mansion or have met Briar, the witch. He would point out random people and say their color. "That one's a dark purple, that one's peach, on nice, that one belongs in Charlotte's pack, that one is I think DeGar's pack, that one's also peach, oh I hope they meet each other."

"Wait, how many packs are there?"

"No clue. They're everywhere in the world, though. In Oregon, we have us and DeGar's pack. DeGar is... closer to their animalistic roots than we are. So far, everyone I've met that's aromantic but sexual belongs in DeGar's pack. Anyone who's organized and relaxed isn't there. Except for Dean and Camilla DeGar. They run the show."

"Cool."

He sipped his fruity drink and looked at me. "So, how's life going for you? Are you accustomed yet?"

"I don't know. They're not very... romantic. Which is okay, but I feel like I should take it slow? Even if that's not what I want deep down."

"My first interaction with my soulmate was sucking him off in the bathroom. I say go for it. Live your best life."

"Really?"

"Yeah, man."