Any Questions?

I was sitting on one of the two couches. The mansion used to be a college, so basically we're living in dorms. But at least they're good dorms. Max and Adam sat across from me, strangely intimating. Max took up a lot of space and had a half smile on his lips. Adam was seated next to him, legs tight together and hands clasped close to his body. He looked professional. Luther was taking a bath. I was still coming to terms with the fact that these guys aren't lying. That perhaps they actually want me here.

The men looked at me and in unison asked, "Any Questions?"

"Many. So, so many questions."

"1. What do the eye colors mean?"

Adam spoke up first. "There are many personalities in this world. Those who are compatible with each other share the same color. Some bands -a group with the same eye color- are purely platonic, such as the light pink eyes or baby blue eyes. Some bands are purely sexual, some are purely professional, some are romantic. The lavender band, us, is like the average human relationship. Next?"

"What... are you?"

Adam responded again. "Something else. We are known among cryptid and monster websites as the 'Pack Animals.' We live in packs, such as this mansion, and we are not quite human. We are turned by sharing energy with a powerful witch, you remember that part, don't you?"

I nodded.

He continued, "Besides the eye color and living in packs, there's really only one other thing that separates us from humans. Howling. If one of us howls, it's kind of like knocking on someone's door. The house is their mind. If they answer by howling back, you can send them a message telepathically. But it only works with members of the same pack."

I took a deep breath. And I prepared myself for the question I've been dreading.

"What do you want with me?"

The two men looked speechless. Adam looking for the right words, and Max just looked sad. Suddenly, a voice came from behind me and said,

"We want to love you. Falling in love is quite fun. We'd know- we've done it twice each already."

The voice -who I recognized as Luther- sat down next to me on the couch. I scooted away a few inches. "But I'm... I'm not lovable."

Max finally spoke. "We'll be the judge of that. If you let us, of course."

After a few seconds of silence, I heard a low pitched howl raise up from the floor below. Adam raised his head and howled like a wolf. After about ten seconds. He looked at us and said, "dinner time."