Chapter 8

This Chapter might be getting spicy ... hehe ...
I love you all, the success of this book means the world to me, I could never be more thankful if I tried <3

Chapter 8The Moon's Stare

She had become familiar with her consciousness rolling back in and this time, she opened her eyes effortlessly.

"Klaus" she muttered, remembering him carrying her dying body away. When he didn't reply she gave up, falling back into the silk sheets, she was laying in.

It took her a moment, to realise, she didn't own silk sheets. She wasn't in her own bed.

Had Klaus taken her home with him?

He must have, it's not like the Salvatore brothers would take care of her. Stefan may have been the more moral brother, out of the two, but he wasn't that moral. But was Klaus?

Only moments later, the door was opened and the weight of someone joined her on the bed. "Hello, love" he whispered.

She smiled, pulling herself up from the bed ad staring at him. "I didn't think I'd see you so soon."

"Well, this isn't how I intended to get you in my bed" he teased.

She couldn't help but laugh at that. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me" he insisted. "Tell me about that nasty werewolf bite you gave Stefan Salvatore."

"I don't know what you're talking about" she snapped back.

"He was hallucinating" Klaus explained. "It had only been half an hour and he was already in phase two out of four, whatever you have inside if you, is lethal."

"As I said, I don't know what you're talking about" she snarled.

"I was just checking you're not on the verge of death, waiting at its very door" he muttered, under his breath.

"Stop being so morbid, I'm fine" she insisted.

She began to feel self-conscious about the situation. Lying in his bed, after he saved her life, for some reason or another she resented the concept of him helping her.

"I'll give you a minute" he declared, heading for the door. He paused for a moment but she didn't have it in her to reply. He slipped out of sight.

She sighed, running her hands through her hair, staring at the dent in the bed where he had been. She saw, the door to the bathroom cracked and decided to have a shower.

The feeling of her clothes falling off her shoulder was freeing.

As she slipped under the hot water her mind began to race.

Her muscles burning under the flames of her own personal fire,

She threw her head back, trying to let the water simply run over her.

The fire ran through her veins, travelling through every inch of her body.

The water ran down her chest over every single goosebump, that had formed on her skin.

The feeling of her stomach churning under the weight of the poison

She shut the water off, stumbling out of the shower. She stared at the droplets of water and, dropped down onto the ground.

Tears ran down her cheeks, as she cried, and cried, in pure silence, as her mind went blank and numb, her senses dying off at the end of each nerve.

She didn't know how long she sat on the ground till she pulled herself up, drying herself off and heading back into the bedroom. She saw three outfits laid out at the end of the bed, bringing a smile to her lips.