━ chapter twenty four

Everyone stared out the window of the jet.

"Alright everyone, get into your hero costumes and we'll have your stuff sent to your rooms." Momo informs and one at a time the girls head for the bathroom to get changed. Unlike the guys who stripped carelessly. 

I stared out the window, too scared to turn around and catch a glimpse of Mineta or something. 

Once all of us had our costumes on and were on the landing, Bakugou was immediately pulling Kirishima towards the loud booming sounds. He passes by me without even a glance in my direction. I frowned momentarily, expecting him to pull me with them.

"Are you coming?" Momo questions me as her, Jiro and Uraraka start walking towards the many different exhibits. I snap out of my trance and nod at the girls, joining them.

"So... it makes you stick to things?" I questioned the creator of the shoes in front of me. I immediately made my opinion of him after he shoved his invention in my face. He was an older man, he seemed like the type that wore glasses just because he thought it made him look smarter. He nods excitedly. I raise a brow at it, tilting my head slightly. "But, why would you need that?" I ask, looking back towards him. 

He stops for a moment. "In case you need to climb something." He replies shortly. "Why don't you just use your hands to climb it then?" I retort. The man rolls his eyes. "Because what if it's a flat surface that has no ledges to grab onto, like a building." He responds. "Well why are you climbing it? Just use the stairs in the building." The man's tight lipped smile began to fade. 

"You're just full of questions." He points out. "You don't have an answer, do you?" I tease. "Kumiko-chan?" I spin around to face my friends, now joined by Midoriya and a random blonde girl. 

"Midoriya-chan?" I look past his shoulder making eye contact with Uraraka who gave me a desperate look. "What are you doing here? And who's that girl?" I question. A loud explosion caused us to look out of the building. 

"Bakugou and Kirishima are here too, by the way." I inform the boy. Sweat dropped from his forehead. "Oh."

The group of us began walking in the direction of the explosions and i fell into step with Midoriya and the blonde he was with. "Midoriya-Kun?" He looked up to me . "I think Uraraka-Chan wanted to talk to you." I inform.

He makes a 'hmm' noise before walking ahead. "I'm-"

"Mai Kumiko. I saw you on television." She briefly explains with a smile. "I'm Melissa." So... What were you doing with Midoriya-Kun?" I question. 

"Mai!?" Uraraka snaps her head back hearing my question. I shrug at the girl, "I'm just curious!" I respond. Melissa giggles, "it's okay." She reassures Uraraka with a smile, the latter then goes back to her conversation with Midoriya.

"My dad was really good friends with All Might, and so he introduced us all." She explained. I looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Well, cause All Might brought Midoriya-Kun to this Island."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "All Might brought Midoriya here?" I repeated, mostly to myself.

I did wonder why or how Midoriya was here, but I would have never thought it was because the number one hero brought him. 

What's going on between those two?

My thoughts were cut off by Midoriya chiming nervously, "we're here!"