━ chapter four

"I am here!" My head snaps from the conversation with Kaminari towards the large man in the front of the classroom.

Everyone in the class chatters in excitement, calling All Might's name out- even Bakugou looked over the moon.

All Might makes his way to the front of the class.

"Welcome to the most important class at UA high. Think of it as hero-ing 101!" I smile in excitement, my legs shaking in anticipation.

"Here you will learn the basics of being a pro-hero and what it means to fight in the name of good!" All Might exclaimed, while flexing his enormous muscles. Like, c'mon this man has got to be genetically modified.

"Let's get into it!"

He explained how we'd be fighting each other today and I don't think I've ever seen Bakugou look so excited. Not that I was staring at him.

"-But one of the keys to being a hero is... Looking good!" All Might exclaimed, pointing towards the side of the room. There, little drawers opened with each of the numbers of the seats we were in.

"These costumes were designed for you based on your Quirk Registration forms!" He explained. I couldn't help but sigh slightly in annoyance, I quite liked the school issued uniform.

Everyone else cheered in excitement. "Get yourselves suited up then meet me in training ground beta!" All Might ordered. "Yes Sensei!" Everyone chimed.

Mina jumped around excitedly, pulling me around the school towards the changing rooms. "Tell me everything about your costume, Kumiko-chan!" She insists.

"Well, it's so boring, it's an all black costume that makes it almost impossible to see me at night- besides my hair of course." I brushed my pink hair off my shoulder. "It's black cargos and a black long sleeve compression shirt and a small cropped black jacket. It's got this strap around the waist for medical equipment or any weapons I decide to use- I haven't thought that far yet though..." I explain.

"Eek! That sounds cool!" Mina squealed. "Now tell me about yours!" I propose as we walk into the changing rooms.

"You look great, Momo-San." Momo smiles at me, "you look even better." She replies, walking out of the changing rooms with me.

"They say clothes make the pros, ladies and gentleman and you are the proof."

The group of us walk out of the exit, all clad in our costumes. We all stop a few meters in front of All Might.

"Take this to heart everyone...- You all look so cool!" He exclaims.

"Shall we get started?"

"Wow Kumiko-san, I see you went for a casual look!" I hear from my right. I smile and look up to the red head. "Thanks, Kirishima! Yours is-" I take a moment to look the boy up and down, staring slightly longer at his exposed abs.

"Uh- super cool!" I exclaim, feeling my face suddenly go a lot warmer.

He chuckles and scratches the back of his neck. "Thanks, I don't need much armour considering- well..." I nod enthusiastically. "I understand!" I looked towards the sleeves and trousers of my costume. 

"I don't really use armour, but it's still in the making of getting better, the fabric is pretty thin for now." I explain, pulling at the thin fabric. "I'm thankful!" I hear from my left. There was a minor bang and Mineta was sent flying away. I look up towards the blonde- suddenly going about ten degrees hotter.

"Now that you're ready, it's time for combat training!" I mentally thanked All Might's timing.

"Sensei!" I heard from in front of me. So... That's Iida. Have to say he looks pretty sick.

"This is the same area from our entrance exam. Does that mean we'll be having urban battles again?" He questions.

Wow, Iida is smart. I kinda wish I had that type of thought process.

All Might went to explain that we'll be doing two on two battles. Good vs evil.

"Listen up! This is the situation: the villains have hidden a nuclear missile somewhere in their hideout! The hero's must foil their plans." He starts, pointing dramatically around the place. "To do that the good guys must either catch the villains or retrieve the weapon!"

"Likewise, the bad guys win if they either protect the missile or capture the heroes." He adds.

This is gonna be a lot of fun.

"I will choose the teams by drawing out lots." He informed.

"Uh, Sensei? I'm not sure if you realised but there's an uneven number." I inform. All Might snaps his head towards me. "Ah young Kumiko- worry not!" I raise my eyebrow. "I wasn't really-"

"I've put you on team A! I know some of you might find this unfair- but life is unfair!" He exclaims. That's an odd quote for a hero to use.

I glance to Midoriya and Uraraka. "Wow! What are the chances?" She exclaims leaping towards Midoriya. "I'm Ochako Uraraka!" She introduces. I smile at the bubbly girl and shake her hand. "Mai Kumiko! I look forward to us being in a group." I match her energy.

She giggles sweetly and nods before getting interrupted by a 'tsk'. I roll my eyes at the blonde beside me. "You just wish I was on your team." I tease. "Shut up Extra, I'd rather be with Deku than you." He says.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya sighs. "Kacchan?" I repeat smiling. "Deku, I'm going to slaughter you!"

"The first teams to fight will be..." All Might interrupts what could've been nasty and pulls out two balls from the two boxes.

"These guys!" He twists the balls around showing, 'A', and 'D'. Bakugou smirks looking in Midoriya's direction.

Uh oh.