Chapter 8: Beginning

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN JUJUTSU KAISEN, ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE AUTHOR GEGE AKUMATI-SENSEI.  I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY.

In two days "Spy X Family" anime is airing!  I'm so excited for April 9th.  I love that series, it's so cute and funny.  I'm just counting down the days.  The same for "Ascendance of a Bookworm" which is airing on the 12th of this month as well.  I'm currently reading the novel of that one, since the manga is pretty slow on updating.  I've read a couple spoilers of what happen, and it's shocking but interesting at the same time.

Anyways, I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.

Enjoy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Yuuji groaned as he felt someone shake him, trying to wake him up.

"Yuu-ni!  You have to get up.  We're going to be late for school!" Another push came after that.

Yuuji groaned one last time and got up, "I'm going.  I'm tired Shi-chan." Yuuji sighed as he stretched and got up from his bed walking around Shina who was sitting on his bed.

Yuuji was now fifteen years old, and Shina was twelve years old.

Yuuji in his first year of high school, and Shina in her first year of middle school.

Shina sighed and stood up straightening her skirt, "Breakfast is on the table." She said as she walked out of the room and closed the door.

After their parents died, Yuuji and Shina had moved in to live with their grandfather.  Their childhood home wasn't sold, but it was now empty.  The house was under the name of their parents, grandfather and both Yuuji and Shina.

At their death, a large amount of money from their insurance was given to Wasuke.  It was enough to probably get them all the way through university.

During breakfast as they ate, their grandfather asked them both if they thought of what club they would join.

"I know both your schools require all students to join an after-school club." Wasuke said as he ate, clearly eyeing both kids to make sure they were paying attention to him.

"I want to join the art club.  I like drawing." Shina said quickly as she picked up her glass of milk

She did like drawing.  It became a hobby of hers after she was fully able to keep a steady hand as she drew.  She would draw flowers, that would look more like some monster, people, and animals.  Over time as she kept drawing over and over, she got slightly better.

But not good enough.  There was something that she wanted to draw more than ever.  She wanted to draw a good picture of her family.  Of their grandfather, Yuuji, their parents and Shina herself.  All together.

Wasuke nodded, "Yuuji." He called out waiting for his response.

Yuuji sheepishly laughed, "I'm not sure yet.  I'll look at the clubs today.  I promise."

"You're not going to go into sports?" Shina questioned.  In middle school, Yuuji was in sports, he was pretty good at it.  He had even gotten the nickname of "The Tiger of West Junior High" a nickname that still makes Shina laugh, and one she will never stop using on Yuuji.

Yuuji sighed and shook his head, "Nah.  I want to try something else."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

They walked to school, Yuuji dropped Shina off at her school before heading to his.

"I'll stop by for you after school." Yuuji called out to Shina as he waved at her.