Chapter 25: His Death

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN JUJUTSU KAISEN, ALL CREDIT GOES TO GEGE AKUTAMI-SENSEI.  I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY.

I think that I'm pretty close to finishing this book.  I think, but I'm pretty close there, and I'm hoping that you all are enjoying this story.

My week vacation from work is ending in a few days, and I go back to work on Monday.  Not really looking forward to waking up so early, I've already started to get used to waking up a bit later than usual.

Anyways, sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.

11/25, edited 11/30
Enjoy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yuu-nii .... he dies."

Those words felt like a deep and sharp stab to his chest.

Gojo felt his fingers curl around the edge of the sofa, tightly, "How and when?"  He wanted and needed to know.  He uncrossed his legs as he settled himself in a position to fully look at Shina.

He looked at Shina who was frowning while looking down at her hands.  She then turned her head up and looked at him.

"His heart." She places her own hand on her chest.

'A heart attack?' Just as he was about to ask the reason, she spoke once again.

"His heart is torn out." Her voice cracked as she let her hand drop beside her on the sofa.

If he didn't have control over his expressions, he would have been showing just what he felt.  But what he felt must be nothing compared to Shina.

'Having to see her brother die in her dreams.' He regretfully thought as he looked at the younger girl.

"I don't know when exactly, all I know is that it's next month in July."

They talked for a short while knowing that anyone could come in and hear them.

"I'll watch over him." Gojo promised her.

_____________________________________________________

Even though he promised to watch over him, Shina knew that there would be something to prevent that.

She knew that for a fact.  It wasn't that she was going by what she knew from the series, but from experience.

Everything she tried to change something, no matter how small, it somehow always ended up the same.  It was meant for their parents to die.  It was meant to be for Yuuji to eat the finger and to end up at Jujutsu tech.  It was meant for Wasuke to die.  Before he had gotten sick, Shina had asked their grandfather to get regular checkups with the doctor.

"You're getting older, and sometimes as people age, their immune system gets weaker." She had told him various times.  She knew it was bad of her, but she always tried to make Wasuke given in by making herself look as pitiful as possible to get him to agree.

But every checkup came with the same results, he was healthy and nothing wrong with him.  And as the fate of this world had it predestined, he had gotten sick and died.

Was it because she wasn't part of the actual series that she couldn't really do anything, and only someone from this world could change it?  Or was it that there was nothing anyone could do to change their predestined fate?  But she was an unexpected variable in this world, that error like in an equation in this world that should not exist.  And maybe at some point she will be able to cause a change.