Chapter 13: Final Farewell

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN JUJUTSU KAISEN, ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE AUTHOR GEGE AKUTAMI-SENSEI, I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY.

Thirteenth chapter .... yay....  I'm going to try and finish the most I can with this story so I can work on other things I have.

Aside from working on a resume and cover letter, I already have some ideas for another story.  It's not completely knew to say, it's more like a sequel to this story.  I have planned to end this book in where the anime ends so as to not have any spoilers in it.

The second book won't have any spoilers in the beginning since it's gonig to be focusing on other things.

Anyways, sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.

Enjoy.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Sasaki, how's Iguchi-senpai doing?" Yuuji asked as he walked into the hospital room.  He walked into the room followed by Shina who stood at the doorway instead of walking in.

Sasaki looked up from her seat beside the bed, "Itadori...." She said with teary eyes, "The doctor said he's okay but.... he hasn't regained consciousness yet." She sniffled, "It's my fault."

Sobbing Sasaki closed her eyes, "I invited him to school that night." Tears streamed down her cheeks, "I think you won't believe me, but .... some weird monsters attacked us.  I was caught too."

Yuuji took a deep breath, "I believe you." His gaze turned to Iguchi, motionless on the bed, "Those aren't monsters, they're curses.  That finger was a high-grade cursed charm which could attract and strengthen curses."

After wiping her teary eyes, Sasaki looked up at Yuuji, "Itadori?"

"So, it's not your fault senpai.  It's mine for finding it." His fingers twitched as he held tightly onto the bed frame, "I'm sorry.  But it'll be okay.  People who can cure Iguchi-senpai are coming tomorrow." Yuuji let go of the bed frame at the end of the bed, "Sorry senpai.  I have somewhere to be." He lifted up his hand and tried to smile even trying to push down his guilt a knot forming in his throat, "Bye-bye." He waved as he walked out of the room.

Shina said nothing as she watched them talk, it was until Yuuji was leaving that Shina looked at Sasaki and bowed her head and left, following after Yuuji.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

They sat together on a bench waiting for the cremation to begin and to end.  Today, two days after their grandfather's death, they were finally able to cremate him.

Yuuji and Shina held hands as they watched the beginning puffs of smoke begin to come out.  It hurt to see and know that their grandfather was really gone.  And it hurt that they weren't given the chance to properly mourn him, to give him his services as they would have.

They now only had themselves to rely on, but who knows for how long.  Considering that Yuuji was now the vessel that houses Sukuna and would ultimately be executed.

There was only a future of pain, and loss.  But they would be together until the end.

Some people may see it as odd or even weird, but the siblings were dependent of each other.  They felt like they couldn't live without the other.  They were in no way in an incestuous relationship.  That was something that they loathed to think and even made their skin crawl.

To her, Yuuji was like the sun and to him, Shina was the sky.  They relied on their grandfather a lot, but the times when he wasn't there, they were always together, seeming more like they were conjoined.