Chapter 26: First Day

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN JUJUTSU KAISEN, ALL CREDIT GOES TO GEGE AKUTAMI-SENSEI.  I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY.

So, here is another chapter.  I have a few more drafts, though they aren't done, they're more like a brainstorming chapter with a rough outline of what I want in the chapter.  Though there are a few parts where I didn't type a section I don't want to forget of the chapter.

I'm trying to get what I can done on this, because I only get to rest tomorrow and then I'm off to work again.  It was nice to rest for an entire week, now I'm just looking forward for Winter break/vacation.

Anyways, sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.

Enjoy.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

She was still in her training when someone had run into the room she was with Yaga and in a hushed tone had told something to Yaga.  At first, she had been confused, but then it set in when she found out that Gojo wasn't around.

'Did it already happen?' She had wondered to herself as she watched Yaga respond back while glancing at her, and that was enough to tell her that something had happened.

She watched quietly as Yaga later on walked over to her and said, "I think it would be best if we postpone this for another day.  You should head to the infirmary, Gojo should be there waiting."

Shina nodded, already knowing what was awaiting her.

She didn't realize how much it hurt to see it in front of her, the reality of it set in once again.

One thing was seeing it on the screen of her laptop, and reading it on her phone and in the pages of the manga that were once on her shelf in the past, but it's a completely different thing seeing the aftermath in person.

She thought she wouldn't be affected by it since she already knew what would happen, but still hearing and seeing the still form of Yuuji under a thin sheet shook her too the core far more than she had thought.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The moment she had come in her eyes found him, Gojo had seen her gaze shift from him then to the table.  He could see the way her clear eyes had glazed over, and her shoulders began to shake.

"Yuu-nii .... I." He heard her gasp in a shaky voice as she took steps towards the table, "I'm sorry." She faintly said as her lips trembled.

It was enough for Gojo to understand that she felt sorry of not being able to save him even though she had known he would die.  But he was the same as her, she had told him what would happen, yet he was unable to do anything as well.

Gojo watched as she stumbled her way next to the table, her hands gently touching the covered body as if it were going to break with a single touch, and just as she was reaching for the sheets to uncover him, Gojo quickly went and grabbed her hands, his own hands completely encasing her smaller ones, "I think it'd be best if you sit here for a bit." He said as he led her away and onto one of the benches on the far side.

Gently he sat her down and then sat next to her.  He said nothing as he watched her silently cry, an occasional choked sob making its way to her throat.

"Gojo-san .... I, if only I knew when." She choked out as she rubbed her eyes, pressing the heels of her hands hard onto her eyes.

Gojo placed his hand onto her head and that was all it took for her to let more sobs and cries flow out.  She covered her face and cried, and called out to her brother, begging him to get up.