Chapter 19: Talk With The Devil

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN JUJUTSU KAISEN, ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE AUTHOR GEGE AKUTAMI-SENSEI. I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY.

Is it bad to ignore someone to be able to fully think things through even though you know you may be making the other person feel bad about what they said?

Supposedly Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie is going to be coming out in DVD on September 21st.  Well, at least that's what I found out.  Which I really hope so, I really want to watch it.  One thing is reading it in JJK 0.  You can call it as volume 0 or chapter 0.  But seeing it on screen is another thing, especially Nanami doing that tie thing.

I have a think for suits, and Nanami totally fits that criteria I have.

Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors.

Enjoy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

June tenth.

There were only a few weeks until July. What bothered her the most was that in the series it was never specified what day exactly the cursed womb happens. Aside from the month, she didn't know anything else.

It was ten at night, and she couldn't sleep. She kept tossing and turning in her bed hoping to sleep. But sleep would not come. There was too much going on in her head.

Having enough she kicked off the blanket with a huff and got up from her bed. Putting on her slippers, she quietly left her room and headed to Yuuji's room next door.

She knocked on his door, but there was no answer. So, she knocked again and once again no answer.

Shina placed her hand on the doorknob and turned it. It was unlocked. She opened the door and made her way inside as quietly as she could without Yuuji waking up.

Walking up to his bed, she waited for a few seconds before, "Yuu-ni." She whispered waiting to see if he would wake up.

But he was in a deep sleep. Maybe all that training during the day had tired him out.

Taking her chance, she crouched down next to Yuuji and whispered once again, but not to Yuuji, "Sukuna .... can you hear me?"

Nothing. No answer.

Her mouth was dry from her nerves, "Sukuna, can you talk to me?" She bit her bottom lip feeling anxious.

Still no answer, "Please? If you can hear me, can you...."

She was cut off, "What do you want?!"

Came Sukuna's loud voice. She felt as if her heart had jumped all the way to her stomach and back to her chest. For two reasons, hearing him all of a sudden had spooked her, and also because she worried that Yuuji would have woken up.

She looked to and from Yuuji and Sukuna on Yuuji's cheek, "Please don't wake up Yuu-ni." She pleaded feeling her skin grow cold.

If it were possible, Sukuna would have tilted his chin up and looked at her with boredom. But he decided to humor her for a while.

"After what you've done to me, I should be waking him up. And kill you." He sneered.

She swallowed down her fear and pride, "I'm so sorry." She bowed her head asking for forgiveness. She kept her head down waiting until Sukuna spoke.

She was certain that if she looked up now, Sukuna would be very displeased. And he most likely found pleasure in seeing her bow her head down at him.  She would even be willing to do a dogeza even if she felt her pride prickle at that.

"Just once will I let this pass. There won't be a next time." He stated.

Shina looked up at him and sighed in relief, "I need to talk to you about something important."

He waited to hear what she had to say, "Is there .... is there any way to keep Yuu-ni from being executed?" She let out in a low breath.

"There is one."

She felt hope burst in her heart as she sat up straight waiting for him to continue.

"Kill all of the jujutsu sorcerers."

That hope shattered. That was the only option she had thought off, but she was terrified of even trying something like that, and she wasn't even strong enough to do such a thing to begin with. She wouldn't even be able to last a second against one of them.

"Anything but that. Is there a way for you to get out of his body?"

He mused at her question, "If there's another vessel. But why would I help you? This means nothing to me if he dies or not. There are still other pieces of me left. Losing two fingers wouldn't make a difference to me." She could almost see and feel his amusement.

She clenched her jaw tightly, her muscle tightening and loosening as she did so, "I don't care what happens to someone else. Yes, I feel guilty at the thought, but I don't care." She looked into Sukuna's one eye, which was faintly visible from the light of the moon coming from the window.  Though even without the light, she was pretty sure that the carmine red hue would glow.

"The brother wants to save everyone. While the younger sister doesn't care who dies." Sukuna chuckled in amusement but, "I refuse."

She bitterly smiled, feeling scornful towards herself, "I'm a selfish person. Yuu-ni is my only family, everyone else can't compare to him." She licked her lips, "I'm the fakest person you'll meet so far in this era." She felt disgust with herself. She was a fake. Someone faking to be a twelve-year-old. Someone faking a life that shouldn't haven't existed.

She was disgusted at herself, that she would go so far as to sacrifice someone else if it meant saving Yuuji, "But I know that with my selfishness I'll be hurting him. So please, help me. What can I do to keep him safe?" She pleaded, hoping that somehow her words would get to him.

Talking and asking Sukuna for help was the same as if she were talking to and trying to make a deal with the devil.

Before any other words could be uttered, Yuuji started to turn around. She quickly got up from the ground, "I don't want Yuu-ni seeing me here." She quietly left the room and headed back to hers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the next two nights she went to Yuuji's room to speak with Sukuna, hoping that this time she would be able to get information from Sukuna. But it was all to no avail.

Every night it seemed as if he mocked her, taking her desperate please as nothing more than dirt to step on.

Third night came, and she could only feel a heavy weight on her heart as she sat on the ground once again.

Every night, Sukuna would make sure that he put Yuuji into a deep sleep unable to wake up until their talk was over.

'He truly is a devil. A devil rather than a curse. The king of devils.' She thought as she closed her eyes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I actually liked this chapter; it was pretty interesting at seeing a look to how Shina feels and what she's willing to do for Yuuji.  This chapter is a bit shorter than the previous one.

What did you guys think about this?

So, that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed it.