Chapter 26

“We are here to capture Y/N L/N…” One of your pursuers said, as you still holding to Levi. He then added which makes you to turn your head and face them.

“…don’t get in our way.” You look at Kenny, who is facing them and standing still. He only laughs making them frown.

“It’s a shame but you can’t just walk and pass me.” You were left in confused to hear Kenny said it.

The pursuer from the government point’s their gun at Kenny, causing you to gasp in astonishment. Levi looked at them and reacted in the same way you did.

Kenny pulled a knife from his pocket and turned to face you two. “Take her away, Levi, she knows everything, and I’ll do everything I can to stop them here, so do whatever you can to protect her.”

Kenny curve a smirk before turning back at him holding a gun and knife at both side of his hands. He murmured under his breath. “You two are wonderful lovers.”

Levi assisted you in taking a stand and carried you on his back. He took advantage of the situation to get you away from your pursuers.

Levi sprints while carrying you, despite the pain on his shoulder, since he wants to keep you safe.

When you turn around, you see Kenny fighting them. You’re confused and wondering as to why he’s now doing it and helping you in getting away from here.

You thought that he was after your life, but it’s different, he is now helping you, and you don’t know why. But, it gave you hope. Thank you.

After a long while of running, and almost reaching the Wall Sina exit, you two come to halt and hide, ensuring that no one is following you. “That bastard!” Levi grumbled in irritation as he took a cautious look around.

You sat down on the ground, covering your wound on your leg. Levi approached you and helps you in tying it. “Endure it for a while; I’ll bring you to a safe place.” He said.

After taking care of your wound, you ripped a little piece of your shirt and wrapped it around his shoulder, where he had been shot.

“Where?” You asked to him. Levi halted as to realize that you two have nowhere to go and no place to hide. You can’t even go back to head quarters because of this matter they maybe after you as well. The only person who is on your side is Levi.

As he looked at you, he sighed. “Anywhere, as long as they don’t see us. Even if they find us, I will protect you no matter what.”

You’re wondering of why you received such kind of love from Levi. You always think as you don’t deserve such love. He is the only one right now who is willing to put his life on the line to protect you.

You were both startled as you heard multiple shots near at your location. “They’re coming we need to go.” Levi kneeled on the ground to carry you at the back, but you stopped him because you don’t want to be a burden to him any longer.

“I can run.” You said making Levi look at you with worried face, but you merely smile at him to assure him that you’re alright, even if you aren’t.

You two started running, holding your hand. Sweat ran down your cheeks and tears welled up in your eyes as you felt the pain in your leg.

You endure the pain as you and Levi runs as quickly as you can. You must flee before they are able to apprehend you.

Turning at the corner, seeing the horse where he left it. You jumped right in as Levi helps you. You gasp loudly seeing your pursuers on sight. They are here, they’re coming for you.

“Come on, Levi, hurry!” You reached for him as your heart pumps faster as they are coming, but he merely remained motionless, staring at the approaching pursuers. “Levi?”

He turned to face you as he reached for your hand, gripped it tightly and kissed it. As he did it, you became even more nervous than before.

“Go away, run fast as you can. I will stop them here, if I don’t, they’ll keep pursuing you, Go!”

Your eyes widened as you heard him say it, and this make you feel defeated, you look at him unbelievably as it doesn’t makes sense to you.

“No, I can’t leave you here, we can--,” you protested. He looks you in the eyes as he gently rubs your hand. He smiled, “Don’t worry, everything will be fine, just promise me you won’t look back. Just run and don’t look back.”

The horse starts to move, as you watch Levi leave him here. He only smiles as you watch him. Levi, you're so unfair.

You whip the reins as the horse gallops away to get you far away from here. You just face forward as you cried. You don’t know where to go, you have no direction.

You hated yourself for involving Levi in this. All of the people you cared and who care for you end up dying. They’re risking their life for you.

You utterly close your eyes in defeat. Nothing's going to change, everything will not be fine.

“Don’t tell anyone,” she said. You furrowed your brows as you stare at your mother. You were wondering as to why this was kept hidden. You, as a toddler, don’t understand why your mother keeps it hidden.

“Y/N, remember everything okay, it’s not like you’ll keep it forever, just find someone who you can truly trust and tell them everything. Find that person who you believe can be trusted and who can make change.”

As the horse speeds up, you wipe the tears away. Before it was too late, you needed to make it in time. Levi was there to protect and save you all the time. He is the only one who gives you hope, and he is the only one who believes in you.

This time it is your turn to save him. You’ll go to any length to save him, even if it means death. You have to do it, you don’t have other option.

Levi, just bare it, I’ll save you.