The fires of redemption

Even at night, Death Valley's temperatures were still very hot. Thankfully for two researchers, they had the air conditioning of their trailer to keep them cool. However, they are about to discover that the heat is the least of their problems.

Despite being researchers, both of them made two very stupid mistakes. One of which was leaving the campfire they used to cook their food burning. The other was that one of the rocks they used to keep the fire contained was actually a capsule. And they were about to learn from their mistakes the hard way when the capsule opened up and two cards fell into the fire, causing a red glow to appear.

Out of the red glow appeared a large theropod that was black with many red-orange stripes going along its body that resembled flames if you saw them from far away. This dinosaur was a Torvosaurus.

Once he appeared, the Torvosaurus looked around at his surroundings, nothing but desert

Once he appeared, the Torvosaurus looked around at his surroundings, nothing but desert. Believing this to be his homeland of the Jurassic, the Torvosaurus knew what was awaiting him ahead in his journey back north, and he would need all the food and water he could to survive such a long trip. He sniffed the air for the nearest source of nutrients and found himself in luck when he smelt some meat in the trailer to two researchers were sleeping in, and also smelt the researchers.

Moving closer to the trailer, the Torvosaurus looked inside and saw the two researchers sleeping. He recognized the creatures as humans and remembered about the ones that not only found him and his friends, but also became their new king. He now realized that he was also most likely not in the Jurassic, but instead in some human time period.

Nevertheless, the law of hunting other dinosaurs, and by extension humans, meant little when his life was on the line. If Seikatsu has forgiven him before, she should still now as long as he followed his code of honor that all carnivores carried: only kill what you need. He still had no idea where he was, and no reason to believe the world was any less barren.

Shifting his focus back to food, the Torvosaurus gave the trailer a slight nudge with his snout, causing the van to shake slightly. A second nudge with more force caused both of the researchers to fall out of their beds.

Getting onto their feet, the two of the saw the Torvosaurus looking straight at them through the window. They hugged each other and screamed just as the Torvosaurus smashed the window with his mouth, snapping at the two of them. Getting nothing but a mouthful of air, the Torvosaurus pulled his mouth out the window and decided to make another way in. He rested his arms on the roof of the trailer and immediately went to work biting and clawing the top off. Seeing their attacker was distracted, the two researchers wasted no time in running out the door of the trailer and getting as far as possible from the hungry dinosaur.

The Torvosaurus, too busy with the roof to notice his prey escaping, pulled a large chunk of it off with his teeth and had a better look inside. Sure enough, his prey was gone. The price for his ignorance. But the smell of food was still there. Taking what he could get, the Torvosaurus knocked the trailer onto its side before ripping it apart, eating whatever edible material was in there.